Texecom Plugin - Description and Instructions

Posted on
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:35 pm
racarter offline

Texecom Plugin - Description and Instructions

Provides monitoring and control of zones and partitions on a Texecom Premier or Premier Plus security alarm panel connected to the same local area network as Indigo.

Install plugin in the usual way, then on the plugin 'Configure' tab enter the Texecom panel IP address, Port (usually 10001), Number of Partitions (1 or 2) and Number of Zones. Additionally, enter your email address if you wish to be notified of plugin updates.

Plugin will poll the panel and create Partition and Zone devices. Do not create devices manually.

Plugin then polls the panel every second and updates Zone and Partition status and Keypad Display.

Panel device custom states include panel type, firmware version, last user, and system/battery voltages and currents.

Available actions include Full Arm/ Part Arm/ Disarm partitions, and switch PC outputs.

Posted on
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:17 pm
siclark offline

Re: Texecom Plugin - Description and Instructions

Hi Alan,

I have been thinking about how to improve my HA setup, and got thinking that it would be cool to have my alarm panel show messages that I can update from Indigo, maybe weather summary, train status etc. Is it possible to update the display with with the plugin? Or would that involve using the new API, if its possible at all?

Cheers

Posted on
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:20 pm
racarter offline

Hi Simon

There's no way to do that via Simple Protocol. I haven't looked at the new API, since Texecom promised to lend me a development panel then didn't.

Regards

Alan

Posted on
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:52 pm
siclark offline

Cheers. Shame, thought that would have been a neat way to get some basic messages displayed on the 2 keypads I have rather than going the whole wall mounted tablet route.

Posted on
Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:09 am
howartp offline

Nice idea.

We have a custom message eg Happy Easter on our keypads at church, set via the Wintex software (connected over IP).

Should therefore be doable if the API allows it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 1