'last_upgrade' missing = Key error

Posted on
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:10 am
autolog offline

'last_upgrade' missing = Key error

I have just installed this plugin and am getting the error:
NetatmoWelcome Error Weather station WS-0 update error: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>

Doing a bit of digging, I have discovered that it hasn't found the key field last_upgrade. I can't see this in the incoming data having turned on debug.

I have managed to circumvent the issue by putting a bypass in the code around line 1411 of plugin.py. It is now updating the device states correctly.

The only kit I have connected is a Netatmo Weather Station with three internal monitors and one external monitor (in addition to the Base Station) plus a rain gauge. I used to have a wind gauge but that gave up the ghost a long time ago when water got inside it (not fit for purpose IMHO ;) ).

Hope the above info is enough to go on. :)

Posted on
Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:15 pm
agame offline

Re: 'last_upgrade' missing = Key error

I just moved a weather station to a different site, and tried the plugin.

Same setup as above, plus the wind sensor (mine hasn't leaked!)/.

Same error as above. Is the plugin being maintained at all?

Posted on
Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:53 pm
agame offline

Well...spoke too soon. Can't get the anemometer going! I thought I'd try to set it up from scratch after deleting it from my account.

...immediately after removing the device from my Netatmo account, the error message is gone too! The other devices continue to work fine.

I wonder if your mention of the failed wind meter is a clue....is it properly removed from your Netatmo account?!

Posted on
Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:50 am
racarter offline

I hadn't seen these posts. If you have an issue with the plugin I suggest you contact me directly rather than posting here.

The latest version of the plugin should have fixed the 'last_upgrade' issue, and if you add modules you need to restart the plugin to create Indigo devices for them.

Posted on
Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:15 pm
agame offline

no problem.

I have a happy ending anyhow,.... a clean-out of the battery compartment now has my anemometer up and running, and also working fine in Indigo without the above error messages.

I can. see that it returns whenever a secondary sensor goes offline (whether that is a local device, or an auto-created 'favourite'). Slightly cryptic but not a problem.

Posted on
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:06 am
jaknudsen offline

agame wrote:
I can. see that it returns whenever a secondary sensor goes offline

This is happening here as well. Took me some effort to find out what the cause of the error message was :-)

Page 1 of 1