Plugin has stopped working

berkinet

Post by berkinet »

Starting yesterday, I am no longer able to connect to the Netatmo server. I have deleted my Netatmo app and created a new one, and then changed the plugin config. The plugin restarts, but I never see the authentication web page pop-up. The Indigo devices all look Ok, but they do not update.

Here is the log data.
  • NetatmoWelcome Starting Netatmo Multi plugin
    NetatmoWelcome Current tokens are valid; authentication not required
    NetatmoWelcome Error Failed to add webhook
    NetatmoWelcome <Response [403]>
    NetatmoWelcome Error Weather device creation error: Unknown error
    NetatmoWelcome ********************************************************************
    NetatmoWelcome Starting Netatmo Multi monitoring thread
    NetatmoWelcome Access and Refresh Tokens will be saved on shutdown
    NetatmoWelcome Weather station(s) will be polled
    NetatmoWelcome - Weather station message logging is on
    NetatmoWelcome ********************************************************************
Any ideas before I delete everything and reinstall the plugin?
racarter

Re: Plugin has stopped working

Post by racarter »

It's working fine for me, but I've had a similar report from one other user. I suggested he disable the plugin, delete the preferences file, delete the app on the Netatmo dev website then recreate the app, enable the plugin, enter new security details then restart the plugin.

I haven't heard back for a few days, so I assumed this might have worked.
berkinet

Post by berkinet »

racarter wrote:It's working fine for me, but I've had a similar report from one other user. I suggested he disable the plugin, delete the preferences file, delete the app on the Netatmo dev website then recreate the app, enable the plugin, enter new security details then restart the plugin.

I haven't heard back for a few days, so I assumed this might have worked.
Thanks, that fixed it. Also, I was not getting any debugging before, but now it is working properly.
racarter

Post by racarter »

Glad to hear it. Netatmo changed their OAuth handling earlier this month; perhaps that's caused some glitches in the apps. It didn't require plugin changes though, because I was already handling token refresh in the 'approved' way.
durosity

Post by durosity »

Could this be why every time I restart Indigo/the server I need to re-authenticate the plugins connection on their website?
Computer says no.
racarter

Post by racarter »

That happens if your tokens have expired or you elected not to save them. If you tick the config box to save tokens you shouldn’t have to re authenticate if Indigo is only down for a short time.
AutoMation01

Post by AutoMation01 »

FWIW / FYI .... I also started getting the webhook error messages recently upon plugin restarts and the plugin is no longer updating on my panels / configuration.

Jul 9, 2024 at 2:18:00 PM
Reloading plugin "NetatmoWelcome 2022.4.9" using API v3.0
Stopping plugin "NetatmoWelcome 2022.4.9" (pid 3841)
NetatmoWelcome Stopping Netatmo Multi plugin
NetatmoWelcome Stopping Netatmo Multi plugin
Stopped plugin "NetatmoWelcome 2022.4.9"
Starting plugin "NetatmoWelcome 2022.4.9" (pid 3895)
Started plugin "NetatmoWelcome 2022.4.9"
NetatmoWelcome Starting Netatmo Multi plugin
NetatmoWelcome Current tokens are valid; authentication not required
NetatmoWelcome Error Failed to add webhook
NetatmoWelcome <Response [403]>
NetatmoWelcome Error Weather device creation error: Unknown error
NetatmoWelcome Starting Netatmo Multi monitoring thread
NetatmoWelcome Access and Refresh Tokens will be saved on shutdown
NetatmoWelcome Weather station(s) will be polled

I tried the preferences delete and adding new application / authorization codes, etc. but this did not seem to correct things in my configuration.

Am curious about the webhook reference in the error message, do you know what this is? I see a reference to "webhook URI" on the Netatmo Connect page next to the client secret in the "App Technical Parameters" section? Is this just a coincidence that this is using the same "webhook" term that is presented in the error message of the Indigo Logs? Is there some value that needs to be provided in this panel section?

I also see these recurring messages in the Indigo Log:
NetatmoWelcome Error Weather update error after ten attempts
racarter

Post by racarter »

A webhook is a URI which the plugin provides to Netatmo. It is not necessary for you to enter a webhook URI on the Netatmo dev page. The Netatmo server uses this webhook to notify the plugin of events, such as persons seen, doorbell pushed etc. without having to wait for a poll.

The error message you're getting signifies that the Netatmo server has rejected the request to create a webhook because the authorisation process has failed. If you've followed exactly the suggestions in my previous post I'm at a loss to suggest anything else.
  • Disable the plugin
    Delete the preferences file
    Delete the app on the Netatmo dev website
    Recreate the app and note the new security details
    Enable the plugin
    Enter new security details in config
    Restart the plugin
AutoMation01

Post by AutoMation01 »

Thanks for the suggestions ....

The only difference I see in the list (that I did not do) was to "Delete the app on the Netatmo dev website". I did not see an option to delete the app, so I disabled the old one and created a new one.

How do you delete the original one?
racarter

Post by racarter »

Can’t immediately see how! But disabling the old one should be sufficient.
AutoMation01

Post by AutoMation01 »

Seems that I had to manually delete all of the Netatmo devices from the configuration. Once I did that, I was able to reinstall the plugin with the new credentials and all is working again.

Not clear why this burped and needed this, but it does seem to be working again after the manual intervention and reset.

Thanks for the insights and support ....
racarter

Post by racarter »

Glad to hear it’s working again. Two or three users have had similar issues since Netatmo fiddled with their OAuth implementation a couple of weeks ago.

I contacted Netatmo dev support today about deleting apps: apparently it’s not possible. You just need to disable the app and optionally remove the user data fields.
juntta

Post by juntta »

racarter wrote:A webhook is a URI which the plugin provides to Netatmo. It is not necessary for you to enter a webhook URI on the Netatmo dev page. The Netatmo server uses this webhook to notify the plugin of events, such as persons seen, doorbell pushed etc. without having to wait for a poll.

The error message you're getting signifies that the Netatmo server has rejected the request to create a webhook because the authorisation process has failed. If you've followed exactly the suggestions in my previous post I'm at a loss to suggest anything else.
  • Disable the plugin
    Delete the preferences file
    Delete the app on the Netatmo dev website
    Recreate the app and note the new security details
    Enable the plugin
    Enter new security details in config
    Restart the plugin
Unfortunately I’m facing this also. My server stopped getting data yesterday and I went through the process above plus removed all the Netatmo devices. After enabling plugin, the Netatmo dev site opened with grant access dialog and right after I granted access this error came:

Code: Select all

{"error": {"code":404, "message": "method not found"}}
I repeated process couple of times but still no go!

Any ideas, should I try my luck with Netatmo support?
racarter

Post by racarter »

404 means that the server cannot process a request, so yes, I guess Netatmo support would be a good starting point.
juntta

Post by juntta »

Netatmo support came back pretty quickly. They said:

Code: Select all

The error message seems to show that you are redirected to a non-existing endpoint after the login (/authorize request). Also, the "app.netatmo.com" domain is not correct to call our APIs, it's https://api.netatmo.com/ 
So any hint there what might be causing this? I’m using version 2022.4.9

I tried to look at the logs but nothing more at the server log but the ”access must be granted” message.

Return to “Netatmo Multi”