Authentication question.

Posted on
Fri May 12, 2023 7:03 am
berkinet offline

Authentication question.

Current version of the NetatmoWelcome plugin.

I am sure this has been asked and answered already, but I can't find it. In any case, is there a way to automate or avoid the authentication web page, or even send an alert by email, when the authentication token needs to be refreshed?
Code: Select all
NetatmoWelcome                  Renewing expired tokens
NetatmoWelcome                  Waiting for user to grant access via their Netatmo dev web page
NetatmoWelcome                  *** THIS CAN ONLY BE DONE FROM THE INDIGO SERVER MACHINE ***
NetatmoWelcome                  Access granted!
The problem is, the Indigo server is remote and I don't always know if there is a window waiting for my approval. (For some very odd reason, I have recently had Indigo restart seemingly on it's own.)

Posted on
Fri May 12, 2023 8:42 am
racarter offline

Re: Authentication question.

I’m not aware of any way of automating the process, but once the user has authenticated via Netatmo the plugin takes care of token refresh. The only time you’d need to revisit authentication is if the tokens expired while your Indigo server was down, or the plugin disabled.

How about triggering an email based on the "Waiting for user" event log entry? I've uploaded a new version of the plugin which makes the entry an error message so you can trigger on it.

https://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id=indigo_7.4_documentation:plugins:sql_logger#events

Posted on
Fri May 12, 2023 9:06 am
berkinet offline

Re: Authentication question.

racarter wrote:
...How about triggering an email based on the "Waiting for user" event log entry? I've uploaded a new version of the plugin which makes the entry an error message so you can trigger on it....]

That'll work. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1