Cameras not detected

Posted on
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:05 am
siclark offline

Cameras not detected

Hi,
I have a problem in that all seems to work and connect to Netatmo, ie I have the API and client secret etc, and it opens the Netatmo webpage to approve connection, but there it only says Smart Indoor Camera, and not my actual camera names, and then the plugin polls netatmo, it gets no camera data back.

I have tried creating a new app and updating all the keys but no change.

Any ideas?
Cheers, Simon.

Posted on
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:54 am
racarter offline

Re: Cameras not detected

Hi Simon

Hope you're well.

I'm assuming you have the requisite box(es) ticked in config and there are no clues in the event log? Duplicate device names often catch people out, but you'd see an error message for that.

When you first start the plugin it sends a 'scope' to Netatmo, detailing the device information it requires, based on the config tick boxes. If you enable logging for cameras, then choose menu option 'Request new access token' and restart the plugin you should see event log messages telling you what the plugin is requesting from Netatmo.

Assuming you see the message "Authenticating for Welcome Camera(s)" Netatmo should be sending the camera data.

Let me know how you get on.

Alan

Posted on
Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:52 am
siclark offline

Hi Alan,

Below is the messages I see in the debug log, the No Cameras detected is not promising, as yes its Authenticating for Welcome Cameras. My 2 cameras are actually the Floodlight ones, although it did work a few months ago, and Indigo created the devices, but they stopped responsding and now it doesnt seem to get them from Netatmo.

Are you aware of anything changing on Netatmo's end?

Code: Select all

Starting plugin "NetatmoWelcome 2022.4.4" (pid 37419)
   Started plugin "NetatmoWelcome 2022.4.4"
   NetatmoWelcome                  Starting Netatmo Multi plugin
   NetatmoWelcome                  Renewing expired tokens
   NetatmoWelcome                  Authenticating...
   NetatmoWelcome                  Authenticating for Welcome Camera(s)
   NetatmoWelcome                  Waiting for user to grant access via their Netatmo dev web page
   NetatmoWelcome                  *** THIS CAN ONLY BE DONE FROM THE INDIGO SERVER MACHINE ***

NetatmoWelcome                  Your access token is: 61c205a84a5fd85c273xxxxxxx146f2981d780901a2
   NetatmoWelcome                  Your refresh token is: 61c205a84a5fd85c27xxxxxxxxxc3d4d68f0d0ef290ef04
   NetatmoWelcome                  Access granted!
   NetatmoWelcome                  Camera Data Status Code:
   NetatmoWelcome                  Camera Data:
{"body":{"homes":[{"id":"61c23c43964920791c13a0e0","name":"xxxxxxx","persons":[],"place":{"city":"Elmbridge","country":"GB","timezone":"Europe\/London"},"cameras":[],"smokedetectors":[]}],"user":{"reg_locale":"en-GB","lang":"en-GB","country":"GB","mail":"simon@xxxxx.com"},"global_info":{"show_tags":true}},"status":"ok","time_exec":0.009145021438598633,"time_server":1675352776}
   NetatmoWelcome                  Camera Data Reponse:
<bound method Response.raise_for_status of <Response [200]>>
{'homes': [{'id': '61c23c43964920791c13a0e0', 'name': 'xxxxx', 'persons': [], 'place': {'city': 'Elmbridge', 'country': 'GB', 'timezone': 'Europe/London'}, 'cameras': [], 'smokedetectors': []}], 'user': {'reg_locale': 'en-GB', 'lang': 'en-GB', 'country': 'GB', 'mail': 'simon@xxxxx.com'}, 'global_info': {'show_tags': True}}
   Z-Wave                          sent "Bedroom TRV" temperature status request
   Z-Wave                          sent "Bedroom TRV Valve" status request
   NetatmoWelcome                  No cameras detected
   NetatmoWelcome                  ********************************************************************
   NetatmoWelcome                  Starting Netatmo Multi monitoring thread
   NetatmoWelcome                  Access and Refresh Tokens will be saved on shutdown
   NetatmoWelcome                  Welcome camera(s) will be polled
   NetatmoWelcome                   - Camera polling set to 60 seconds
   NetatmoWelcome                   - Last Seen variables will not be created/updated
   NetatmoWelcome                   - Persons forgotten in Netatmo app will not be deleted
   NetatmoWelcome                   - Camera message logging is on
   NetatmoWelcome                  ********************************************************************
{'homes': [{'id': '61c23c43964920791c13a0e0', 'name': 'Clark Castle', 'persons': [], 'place': {'city': 'Elmbridge', 'country': 'GB', 'timezone': 'Europe/London'}, 'cameras': [], 'smokedetectors': []}], 'user': {'reg_locale': 'en-GB', 'lang': 'en-GB', 'country': 'GB', 'mail': 'simon@starmerclark.com'}, 'global_info': {'show_tags': True}}

Posted on
Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:20 am
racarter offline

Ah - the floodlight cameras are called Presence. Did you tick the Presence camera box in config? You should see "Authenticating for Presence Camera(s)" in the event log.

Posted on
Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:37 pm
siclark offline

Cheers. That did it. Knew it world be user error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:54 pm
racarter offline

I’ll reword the config dialogue to make it clearer that the outdoor cameras are called Presence.

Page 1 of 1