Insteon IOLinc Garage Door - Toggle for Control Page

Posted on
Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:20 pm
BaldDaddy offline

Insteon IOLinc Garage Door - Toggle for Control Page

Good afternoon,

I am building my first control page and I am looking to add 3 IOLinc Garage Door controllers to the page. Unlike traditional on/off switches where you can see the state via an icon or graphic on a control page, I am having difficulty getting a graphic to display open/closed. I currently use just a non-state specific button to control the door (input 1) and use a Device State control to textually tell me if the garage is open or closed from output 1.

Can someone please tell me if it is possible to add a control to the page (i.e.. garage+closed.png, garage+open.png) and key it off of whatever is contained in output 1? If so, how?

Many thanks in advance.

Eric

Posted on
Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:22 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Insteon IOLinc Garage Door - Toggle for Control Page

Hi Eric,

Despite showing "open" and "close" in the main window table, the internal raw state values for binary output states are always ON (for open) and OFF (for close). So try using the following names:

Code: Select all
Garage Door+on.png
Garage Door+off.png
Garage Door+.png   (duplicate the OFF / closed image for this one)

I think you might be able to get away with just 2 image files, but I know the above works as it is what I'm using on a Control Page for an I/O-Linc.

Posted on
Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:38 pm
BaldDaddy offline

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the reply. I apparently did not "wire" the control properly to the page. Needed to connect it to Binary Input 1 to get the Open/Closed values, rather than then momentary On/Off values from Binary Output 1. Chalk it up to another "Duh" moment.

Eric

Posted on
Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:33 pm
btassias offline

Hi Matt

I just upgraded to Indigo 6 and i like all the improvement just have to play with the new features. I started to do more with the control pages
I can get garage door status on a control page, But I'm not able to actually open or close from a control page, not sure what I'm missing.
I have no problem with this on indigo touch on my phone. Here's one of my control pages.

photo.PNG
photo.PNG (419 KiB) Viewed 2453 times

Posted on
Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:20 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

What action do you have assigned to the control?

Posted on
Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:14 pm
btassias offline

Matt
Do you mean the server action on the control page ?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 9.24.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 9.24.03 PM.png (59.45 KiB) Viewed 2402 times
Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 9.23.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 9.23.44 PM.png (34.97 KiB) Viewed 2402 times

Posted on
Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:48 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes. That looks correct, I believe. Read the first section of this wiki and make sure you have the I/O-Linc's device settings specified as shown in the screen capture there.

Posted on
Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:58 pm
btassias offline

I have one more checked off ( Input sensor opened sends INSTEON ON command (unchecked to send OFF) . I think I checked that off because of the
different wiring of the contacts from the magnet or what i needed to get status indication back at the Keypad Link which also controls the garage doors
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 10.49.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 10.49.24 PM.png (253.58 KiB) Viewed 2391 times

Posted on
Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:00 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

If you select the I/O-Linc in the Main window and toggle the output (labeled "1") OFF->ON->OFF, does the garage door open/close?

If that works, then try pressing the button on your Control Page. Presuming that doesn't work, then copy/paste the contents of the Event Log window showing both steps (control via the Main window and via the Control Page) into a reply so we can try to see the difference.

Posted on
Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:33 pm
btassias offline

Hey Matt
I just tried toggling the I/O output "1" on the main page and it does open/close the garage door, Then I tried the same thing on the iPad's control page which also worked. what I do notice is when the door is shut the "Garage Door+.png" (BlueOpen+Gray Closed" when I tap the Open button and the door opens and the Blue swaps to the closed side for about 4 or 5 sec. then goes back to the way it was at close while the door is still opening. I would think
when the door is closed Blue would be the action to open and when the door is open then Close would be the blue action to Close . I'm thinking it's the setting in the I/O Link Device bottom check block that say's (Automatically read relay state 4 seconds after it is toggled so maybe that's the way it i
I see in your iPad snap shot you use the same image!

Garage Door+.png ( The open is Blue and the Close is Gray
Garage Door+off.png (The open is Blue and the Close is Gray
Garage Door+ON.png (The open is Gray and the Close is Blue

Page 1 of 1