Honeywell Redlink Gateway Integration

Posted on
Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:43 pm
Ian offline

Honeywell Redlink Gateway Integration

Would like to see Integration of Honeywell Redlink Info integrated into Indigo. Honeywell has its own app that allows users to control temp and Humidity/receive alerts and system status from their App.The gateway is similar to TED 5000 for retrieving info.

If this could be integrated via a plugin or somehow controlled from Indigo instead of the native App. It would open numerous other alternatives to Venstar
Attachments
apps_iphone_tc_screen.png
apps_iphone_tc_screen.png (72.74 KiB) Viewed 12813 times

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:55 pm
d1staples offline

Re: Honeywell Redlink Gateway Integration

I second this!! I too have this new thermostat and app, and it is nice, but sure wish it was integrated into Indigo as well. The Honeywell app is very limited as to what I can control, basically, unit mode, Heat/Cool/Off/Auto, and temp up and temp down, Hold until and cancel hold. Pretty lame compared to what Indigo can do with most things. I think I read where Jay contacted Honeywell and they will not release the code or something, whatever it was it wasn't what I wanted to hear! :(

Dan

Posted on
Sat May 26, 2012 9:59 am
jimM offline

Sorry for bumping this post. I too would be extremely interested in even the ability to communicate with Redlink from Indigo. Up to now in order to control my 220v electric baseboard I have been jumping through hoops adding a relay and a transformer to each of the 13 Tstats in the house ( which is an expensive proposition) but finally I see Honeywell has a line voltage (100-240v) Tstat that can be controlled with Redlink. To my knowledge this is now the only available communicating 240 line voltage thermostat anywhere except for the custom addons that I and a few others have ventured to cobble together in order to make the Venstars control 220v.
But I'm not installing a separate automation system just for heat. I am wondering if the addresses can be discovered or even if the gateway(router?) they sell for it might be able to receive messages or even the website the service is located on?. This is very big with millions of these 240v manual t-stats here in Canada, but I still want to control them with my own system so hoping there is a way to communicate with Redlink from Indigo!
Jim

Posted on
Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:56 pm
gg2 offline

Is there anyway to interface a device controllable by Redlink (Honeywell) - in this case Mitsubishi Mr SLIM air conditioner - to Indigo?

Thanks, Rick

Posted on
Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:58 pm
earache offline

Add me to the list. Just installed some Redlink thermostats and it would be great to interface with them.

Posted on
Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:06 pm
ethanw offline

I would love to see some Indigo integration with this :( I recently switch my house from Proliphix to Honeywell. The RedLink gateway is an awesome device and I would love to see integration directly with it as well.

Posted on
Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:34 am
mpoulson offline

I'm finishing my Mr. Slim plugin soon if you are interested in testing.

Posted on
Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:07 am
nlagaros offline

Have you tried the Honeywell plugin I built a while back? If your thermostat works with the Honeywell Total Control Comfort site and app, it should work.

Posted on
Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:04 pm
mpoulson offline

The Mr.Slim system seems to use a different API on the Honeywell side.
http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=221&t=17532

Page 1 of 1