matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Insteon load controller 2477SA2

See continuation of this thread here.

Posted on
Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:53 pm
mtrcycllvr offline

Re: Insteon load controller 2477SA2

I too, am having an the extra messages generated by a "replacement" 30A load controller.. This is a new version (they seem to die from heat death after a few years..) and I'm now getting this "flood" symptom as well. I'll attempt the device reset the next time I'm on site and report back if that stops the button 2 flood...

On a side note, the "heat death" of these devices is real. Pay attention to the operating state most often in (on or off) and the NO/NC feature. Relays ON == excess heat == two year life span..

I had a normally open installed on my hot water heater. Fine while house unoccupied, but on FULL occupation, "Normally Open" and "on long term" didn't result in goodness.. The energized relay heat turns that utility box into an tiny oven and the device will (and did) die. Of course just AFTER the two year warranty!! ;-) AND, when it died? Good luck getting around a Normally Open version without re-wiring!

So - gen two fix. Spends most time off, BUT when it fails I want it to fail ON. So I purchase a Normally Closed, and I took it apart and provided ventilation holes in the case. Now, it should not fail as quickly and when it DOES, I'll still have hot water till the repair is effected.

So far, the box is cool to the touch and seems happy.. Well, except for that nasty "button two" stuff, but now that I have a clue how to approach that issue, should be an easy fix..

Thanks!

-ET-
Attachments
sw2_storm.png
sw2_storm.png (188.03 KiB) Viewed 1599 times