EZIO8T 1-wire temperature range?

Posted on
Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:59 pm
ELWOOD offline

EZIO8T 1-wire temperature range?

Have been using the EZIO8T 1-wire input with 4 dallas ds18b20 sensors to read 2 temperatures inside and 2 temperatures outside since this summer.
Has been working well most of the time, the EZIO8T does have a bad habit of locking up now and again. Now that it gets cold outside the 2 outside
sensors only read down to 32 degrees and stay at that temperature until it goes back up above 32. The inside sensors still read correctly so it does not
seem to be the EZIO locking up.

The ds18b has a temperature range from -67 to +257. Does anyone know if the EZIO or Indigo are not able to read temperatures below freezing.

Thanks for any help

Posted on
Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:33 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: EZIO8T 1-wire temperature range?

The EZIO8T returns the temperature to Indigo as an unsigned byte representing degrees Celsius. So when it drops below 32° F, I believe the EZIO8T continues to report 0° C. This is a limitation of the EZIO8T.

Posted on
Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:45 pm
akimball offline

Re: EZIO8T 1-wire temperature range?

That's unfortunate about the zero.

It's not my current issue with the EZIO8SA but it's good to know... because my attic can and does drop below zero C. Knowing this, I think I'm going to register a complaint with the SmartEnit people and find another temperature measurement solution. I have 4 separate attic temperatures I need to monitor.... eventually. I have to wonder what kind of engineer would limit his firmware to 0C SMH.... the DS18B20 goes down to -40C. Shortsighted.

-Al

Page 1 of 1