EZSnsRF

Posted on
Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:23 am
johnpolasek offline

Re: EZSnsRF

jay (support) wrote:
Try to factory reset the EZSnsRF and see if that makes a difference.

Been there done that; if I do a define and sync or resync before I try and attach the EZSnsRF to the Dakota transmitter, the EZ won't enter it's "slow flash" linking mode when I press the button on the side. If I get the EZ into slow to "fast flash on transmitter detect" with the button after a factory and just use the "press the button" in the dialog WITHOUT doing the Resync, the fast blinking on the EZ goes out, but the device doesn't show up in the Trigger sources, although it does show up as something like "state change 01" in the log when the driveway sensor triggers. If I do a define and sync after that, the state changes stop showing up in the log. I ran out of time to try other stuff, and since the driveway transmitter is buried at my sister's house 200 miles away, it'll probably be July before I get another shot, but I guess I'll try using the appliance module as an intermediary. However, it sure looks like (for some versions of the firmware anyway) the commands that Indigo 5 are sending to initially validate the PLC as a responder are totally trashing the EZSnsRF's programming (unless I've got a defective EZSnsRF).

Posted on
Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:35 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I don't have any experience with the EZSnsRF so I can't be sure, but it sure seems like there's a problem with the device you have.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:52 am
johnpolasek offline

jay (support) wrote:
I don't have any experience with the EZSnsRF so I can't be sure, but it sure seems like there's a problem with the device you have.

I got to pricing it out and decided that Terrydaw's suggestion was the best way out; a 1X1 I/O linc is only a few bucks more than an appliance linc, and I KNOW the Dakota reciever works and has a hard relay contact that I can trust, while the SnsRF is looking more and more like a permanent pain in the backside even if it does finally program (which is a hassle in itself triggering the magnetic sensor out on the driveway while keeping the module next to the computer in linking for step 1).

Posted on
Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:17 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The IOLincs seem to be quite reliable - I have 4 and never had an issue with any of them.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:34 am
johnpolasek offline

jay (support) wrote:
The IOLincs seem to be quite reliable - I have 4 and never had an issue with any of them.

I've only got the one on my garage door opener, and occasionally (like once every week or so) it drops the ball and tells me the door is open when it actually is shut... which is why I've got a schedule to send it a status request every 5 minutes. But I've got a pretty busy house with a lot of modules, so it's probably just getting lost in the shuffle... Katie's place has a lot less traffic, so I doubt it'll be an issue.

Posted on
Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:34 pm
macguyincali offline

Can someone help me set up this EZSNSRF? I have read the posts and I can't figure out how to do this. I've tried to follow the step by step instructions... I can't seem to get Indigo to recognize the device. Also, there doesn't seem to be a send set button in indigo. Really would love to get this bad boy working with my Dakota receivers.

p.s. does anyone know if this will work with other RF devices besides Dakota? And will it only work with certain devices?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-macguyincali

Posted on
Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:34 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I don't personally have one, but I think this post has the most complete list of instructions. Note that I think the first step (not included in that list of steps) is to get the EZSnsRF defined in Indigo as a device. If that Define and Sync is failing, then copy/paste the Event Log contents into a reply.

You might also want to post on that other thread since it hwitten appears to have it gotten it working -- he might have some tips/advice.

Posted on
Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:44 pm
macguyincali offline

OK, my biggest stumbling block is actually getting the EXSnsRF defined in Indigo as a device. Here's the log:

Linking - syncing PowerLinc links (address 18.B7.B3)
PowerLinc Linking - . . adding: INSTEON plc link to controller 16.B1.9A, flags 03, group 01, data 00 00 FF
PowerLinc Linking - . . adding: (not added -- probably already exists)
PowerLinc Linking - sync complete
PowerLinc Linking - sending engine version request to 16.B1.9A
PowerLinc Linking - PowerLinc links updated
PowerLinc Linking - no response from device

I did a factory reset first (plug in unit while holding down black button for 10 seconds).

Then I tried to manually link it by typing in the address from EZSnsRF. I cancelled after a while since a dialogue pops up saying unable to locate the device.

-macguyincali

Posted on
Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:30 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Try the following:

1) Create a new INSTEON device in Indigo, and press the Define and Sync button. Note the INSTEON address is blank (leave it that way).

2) With the EZSnsRF plugged into the same outlet as the PowerLinc (use a power strip if you need to), press and hold the SET button on the EZSnsRF until the INSTEON address in the Indigo device dialog is populated.

3) Press the Start button to have Indigo perform the sync.

If it doesn't work, then copy/paste the entire Event Log contents for the above.