AppleScript to set EZX10RF parameters

Posted on
Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:37 pm
bob offline

(No subject)

Hello George,

It gets the EZX10RF address by looking for Model: EZX10RF listed in the Edit Device window. I changed the app today to not be so fussy in looking for the EZX10RF in case it is listed slightly different for different firmware releases. Previously it looked for the complete model name now it looks only for the EZX10RF in the model description. Also if it can't find the EZX10RF it displays "device not found" in the window and it should now load the address when the app is opened. Try the latest build b3 and let me know the results. If you are still having a problem after trying b3 I'll send you a script to run to see if it finds your EZX10RF address. Feel free to contact me on iChat at myred998.

http://www.duc.scrapping.cc/home_auto/ezfilter.shtml

What Indigo release are you using and what OS X version.

Posted on
Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:48 pm
gmusser offline

(No subject)

The problem isn't the EZ address anymore, but this other error. I'm running the latest Indigo beta under 10.5.2.
George

Posted on
Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:50 pm
bob offline

(No subject)

I built it using 10.4.11. I'll run it on another computer and see what happens.

bob

Posted on
Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:55 pm
bob offline

(No subject)

George,

I get your error on Leopard 10.5.2 but not in Tiger 10.4.11. I'll work on it tonight and get back to you

bob

Posted on
Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:56 pm
bob offline

(No subject)

George,

See if the latest build works for you.

bob

http://www.duc.scrapping.cc/home_auto/ezfilter.shtml

Posted on
Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:35 pm
gmusser offline

(No subject)

Unfortunately, it doesn't.....

Also, I don't see a button to *read* the filter status from the EZ unit. That would be very very useful.

George

Posted on
Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:44 pm
bob offline

(No subject)

George,

Are you getting error messages? Is it showing the EZ address?

Say you select ALLOW ALL, the button turns blue and all the addresses should start checking, once they get checked the button turns clear. Then you select SET FILTER and the button turns blue then clear when it finishes sending to Indigo. If you open Indigo you see activity on the indicator in the lower left hand side of the main window as it takes a few minutes for Indigo to write to the EZ registry. If you look at the log you should see it has written all FF's.

bob