Anyone using a Phidgets Current Sensor?

Posted on
Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:48 pm
automatr offline

Anyone using a Phidgets Current Sensor?

Is anyone using a Phidgets Current Sensor? I've connected a 3502 Current Transformer to my SB3 and successfully defined the device, but cannot get a reading other than 0 in the Indigo Devices window. If I look at the device in the Phidgets System Preferences panel, I can see a reading, and see that reading change when the load monitored by the 3502 changes. I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks!

automatr/Jeff

Posted on
Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:27 pm
berkinet offline

Re: Anyone using a Phidgets Current Sensor?

A few thoughts.
  1. Check the sensor device config to be sure the InterfaceKit is correctly defined
  2. Are other sensors hooked up to the same InterfaceKit, and do they work?
  3. Try setting the sensor type to 0999b and see if you get a reading.

Note: The analog sensors are really pseudo devices based on the output reading from the InterfaceKit (0-1000). So, if your interfaceKit is working, the sensor device should also work. It vis possible there is an error in the code that converts the 0-1000 reading to an amperage value. But, I looked at the code and I don't see any obvious problems.

BTW, you will probably find the Phidgets plugin discussion group to be a good place for your Phidgets related questions.

Posted on
Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:44 am
automatr offline

Re: Anyone using a Phidgets Current Sensor?

Got it working, although I'm not completely sure which of the troubleshooting measures turned out to be the fix.

First, I changed the device config to similar Interface Kit models, this did not immediately fix things. Changed the config back to SBC 2. Next, I set the sensor type to 0999b, and that did not fix the problem, nor did switching back to the 3502 device. Next, I deleted the 3502 device altogether and recreated it and started seeing data from the 3502 at that point.

Thanks for the help and the plugin Berkinet. Having a lot of fun with these Phidgets sensors, and expect to be using a lot of them in the future.

automatr / Jeff

Page 1 of 1