Lawn sprinklers dimmed.. unable to access

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:05 am
Geoffb offline

Lawn sprinklers dimmed.. unable to access

This morning I had the landscaper come to blow out the residual water in the sprinkler system which is operated by Indigo via EZFlora irrigation controller. I wasn't able to activate it via my iPhone, or even by the computer. I tried define and sync and Indigo was able to see it. Of all the devices IT was the only one dimmed. When I tried to turn it on, I kept getting the following error in the log. I have tried turning it on via the software, I unplugged the device physically and plugged it back in but nothing changes. There is electricity going to the device... I have never had an issue with this before...

Ignored device "Lawn Sprinklers" action request (communication is disabled)

Thanks

Geoff

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:38 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Lawn sprinklers dimmed.. unable to access

\Right-click on the device in the main window and choose the menu option to Enable Communication with the device. Does it then work? If not, copy/paste Event Log snippets showing what occurs.

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:57 am
Geoffb offline

Hi Matt,

Thank you so much for your suggestion. That did work.. but now I have to ask WHY it happened in the first place that it disabled communication in the first place? I hadn't touched it and rarely do even go into the software, mostly because you have built such a trouble free program, that I set it up and leave it alone...until now... any ideas what caused the communication to be disabled in the first place? It was pretty embarrassing to have this guy show up and I was completely unable to make it work.. Thanks

Geoff

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:32 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I don't believe that Indigo will automatically disable any INSTEON device, which leaves either an action somewhere that disables it or manually disabling it in the UI. Note that it's also a checkbox in the device list so I wonder if it just accidentally got clicked on...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1