Need help with "Smart" monitoring/triggering of garage door

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:42 am
sumocomputers offline

Need help with "Smart" monitoring/triggering of garage door

I have an Insteon 2450 IOLinc and a rollup garage door with a normally closed contact. I am running Indigo 6 with a 2413U, and I also have several Keypadlincs and a Philips Hue using the nsheldon 1.2.4 plugin.

Here is what I would like to accomplish:

1. When the garage door contact becomes open, and it is between 10pm and 6am, I would like it to flash the Hue red, beep some keypads, and send one text message. I have actually figured out how to do all this using a trigger. However, there are some additional smarts I would like to incorporate, but not sure where to go next:

2. I would like the above actions to repeat every X minutes, as long as the garage door contact stays open.

3. When the garage door contact becomes closed, I want this trigger to stop.

4. I need a way to temporarily disable the main trigger for maybe 1 or 2 hours, in the event we might be legitimately opening and closing the garage during 10pm and 6am. I would like to do this from either a keypad or from the iPhone.

Thanks,

Chris

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:28 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Need help with "Smart" monitoring/triggering of garage d

2) Put all the actions in a schedule that repeats every X minutes then in the trigger itself just enable this schedule rather than perform the actions directly. Put a condition on the schedule that makes sure the sensor is open as a redundant check (in case the schedule somehow is left enabled with the door closed).

3) Create a trigger that disables the schedule when the contact becomes closed. No need for a condition since disabling an already disabled schedule is a no-op.

4) You just disable your original trigger until you're finished doing whatever you need to do.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:51 pm
sumocomputers offline

Jay,

Thanks for the prompt help.

On #4 (disabling/enabling the original trigger from the iPhone), there doesn't seem to be a way to directly manipulate triggers in the Indigo Touch app.

What would be the cleanest way to handle that? I was thinking of creating yet another action that enables/disables the trigger, or make a custom control page, but wondered if there was a cleaner way you had in mind.

Thanks,

Chris

Posted on
Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:48 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

It really depends on how you want to do it. You could create a control page with elements that enable/disable. You could create an Action Group for each and execute them. You could just have a "Temporary Disable" page element or Action Group that has an auto-enable specified after some period of time. "Clean" I think is very subjective - all these ways are perfectly acceptable for accomplishing the goal.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1