Auto turn off the light

Posted on
Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:35 pm
Pepo offline

Auto turn off the light

Hi.

I've a trigger to turn on the light on my kitchen when motion is detected. Now I want to turn it off, if no motion is detected in the last 5 minutes. How could I do that?

Thanks a lot

Posted on
Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:47 pm
autolog offline

Re: Auto turn off the light

Pepo wrote:
Hi.

I've a trigger to turn on the light on my kitchen when motion is detected. Now I want to turn it off, if no motion is detected in the last 5 minutes. How could I do that?

Thanks a lot

My understanding is that you add in a 2nd action to the turn on trigger to turn off the light with a delay of 5 minutes. You also tick the box that says "override previous delay". This means that if motion is detected at say 4 minutes in then the trigger will fire again and the light will be turned on (but it is already on) and a new delayed action to turn it off will happen in 5 minutes (replacing the original one that was about to happen in 1 minute). I think that is how to do it. :)

Posted on
Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:58 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Several different approaches. Depending on the motion sensor, you can possibly just set the sensor to send the OFF after a certain delay (INSTEON sensors, the Aeotec Z-Wave MultiSensor). Then you just create a trigger that turns off the light when the the motion sensor's on state becomes off.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:47 pm
Seeker offline

I do the following for a couple of rooms/sensors.

action group 'garage light on' with 'turn on' and 'auto off after 15 minutes' set for each device in the room

Various triggers run this action group, including a zwave motion sensor and DSC door sensors. It works pretty well with multiple triggers activating the same scene, as the 15 minute countdown resets whenever the action group is run by a trigger (door open or close, motion).

Posted on
Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:46 am
Pepo offline

jay (support) wrote:
Several different approaches. Depending on the motion sensor, you can possibly just set the sensor to send the OFF after a certain delay (INSTEON sensors, the Aeotec Z-Wave MultiSensor). Then you just create a trigger that turns off the light when the the motion sensor's on state becomes off.

Thanks a lot ... it works like a charm :)

Page 1 of 1