Stop receiving upgrade message ...

Posted on
Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:39 pm
rlesperance offline

Stop receiving upgrade message ...

Hi ... I am a registered 5.1.6 user. I get multiple request to upgrade to 6.0.1 on my MacBook Air ... but not on my iMac. How can I stop this message from recurring ?

Posted on
Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:43 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Stop receiving upgrade message ...

Choose the Indigo 5->Preferences... menu item, select the General tab, and then deselect the "Automatically check for updates when clients connect" checkbox.

Posted on
Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:45 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

By the way, the latest version of 5.1 is currently 5.1.10. I recommend updating to that version even if you aren't interested in v6 at this time.

Posted on
Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:40 pm
rlesperance offline

Thanks Matt ... What I don't understand, is that I get many of these upgrade message within a single session on my laptop only. Does this automatic verification occur when my laptop awakens from sleep ? Can I setup a verification interval ?

Posted on
Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:54 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

rlesperance wrote:
Thanks Matt ... What I don't understand, is that I get many of these upgrade message within a single session on my laptop only. Does this automatic verification occur when my laptop awakens from sleep ? Can I setup a verification interval ?

Hmmm.. I'm not sure what is occurring. The actual version checking occurs inside the Indigo Server based on that preference, but because it is the client that has the UI the alert isn't shown until the client is connected to the Indigo Server (and gets the result of the check). The message the server sends to notify the clients of an update isn't targeted to a specific client (it is broadcast to all clients), so I think if you have multiple Mac clients then you might receive the version update notification in a client that is already connected (when a secondary client connects). Perhaps that is what is occurring?

Page 1 of 1