Icons not appearing

Posted on
Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:28 am
rlb2 offline

Icons not appearing

HI!
I have combed the forum and wiki to no avail. I have downloaded some iCons in PNG format with a usual size of 52x45, 8bit, RGB format. But they don't show on the web preview or on the iPad. Is there a format that needs to be used? What am I missing?

BTW, just started to use Indigo! Awesome! Came from mControl and this is MUCH better. Testing Security Spy + Cynical Perry plugin. Waiting for my ZWave Interface to complete the system move.

Trying to build AV control sheets for AV Control via Global Cache. Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks!

Rob

Posted on
Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:20 am
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Icons not appearing

Welcome to Indigo, Rob! When I was first starting out creating control pages, the Post Pics of Your Control Pages HERE! was a great source of ideas and brainstorming. Some of the pictures have been removed from the web and no longer show, but plenty are still there - there are just page and pages of them, some with some questions and explanations of how things were done.

In terms of file types, all my files are PNG, so that shouldn't be the issue. Are they showing up okay in the drop-down list to select from in the control page editor but just not displaying on the page when rendered?

Adam

Posted on
Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:21 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Rob - once you've added your images to IWS you'll want to bounce the Indigo Server just to make sure that they propagate out correctly.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:48 pm
rlb2 offline

Jay,
Thanks for the quick/awesome support. Again great software! I have added to IWS Already, and restarted Indigo.
I'll attached 2 screen shots of what I am seeing on both sides plus the icon's I am using that don't appear (.png's)
Thanks! Rob

RogueProeliator,
Thanks again! Yes I saw the user's examples and was really impressed! Got me motivated!
I am using PNG's & They do show up in the drop down list. Just not rendering on the screen.
I hope this can point me in the right direction!
Thanks! Rob
Attachments
BlkButtonSmallerDownChannel.png
BlkButtonSmallerDownChannel.png (3.42 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
IndigoiPadScreen.png
IndigoiPadScreen.png (428.3 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
IndigoScreeniPad_Browser.png
IndigoScreeniPad_Browser.png (452 KiB) Viewed 1439 times

Posted on
Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:55 pm
rlb2 offline

OK, I just figured it out :) I had to change the Device to a light and it works! I had it set as a CAM Status so thats why. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1