Indigo Plugin Host

Posted on
Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:25 am
rjs104 offline

Indigo Plugin Host

Hi all,

I have Indigo (v6 - latest release) running on a Mac Mini that over the course of about a week slowly grinds to a halt.

A bit of investigation has led me to find that there is an "IndigoPluginHost" running taking up 2.6GB of RAM.

Is this normal? Or is there a resource leak somewhere?

Thanks for any light anyone can shed!

R.

Posted on
Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:35 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo Plugin Host

One of the plugins you are using probably has a memory leak. To find out which one use the Activity Monitor application to find the process ID (PID) number of the one using excessive memory, then from the Terminal utility application do:

ps -wwp 123

where 123 is the PID number you found. Then copy/paste the results into a forum reply for us.

A workaround to a memory leak like this is to periodically restart the plugin. A script like this will do that:

Code: Select all
pluginId = "com.plugin_dev.plugin_id # supplied by the plugin's documentation -- we can help you look this up
plugin = indigo.server.getPlugin(pluginId)
plugin.restart()

Posted on
Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:51 pm
rjs104 offline

Ah thanks - Sorry for the recent double post (my bad!)

I'll give that a look then :)

Cheers,

R.

Posted on
Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:53 am
rjs104 offline

That terminal command resulted in:

" PID TTY TIME CMD
499 ?? 1358:07.09 /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/MacOS/IndigoPluginHost -p1176 -fCynical SecuritySpy.indigoPlugin"

- So it's pretty clear which plugin is the culprit!

Anyone else having this problem with the Cynical SecuritySpy plugin?

Cheers,
R

Posted on
Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:49 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I just checked mine, which has been running for weeks, and that plugin was using a normal amount of memory (about the same as all my other plugins). That said, I might not be using the plugin functionality in the same way as you, or I might be running a different version. You should post this on Perry's sub-forum where other folks using that plugin will see it and can chime in.

Page 1 of 1