Feature request

Posted on
Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:08 am
berkinet offline

Feature request

Could you consider adding the ability to add arguments to the Run Shell Script action. To keep things simple you could just pass the argument string to the shell exactly as entered. Adding variable and device value substitution before passing the string to the shell would be a nice plus.

I.e.
Full path to file on server: /usr/local/bin/mycmd
Command args: -x %%d:123456:onOffState%% -y %%v:654321%% -z "embedded spaces here" 1>/dev/null 2>&1 &

Alternatively, you could add a checkbox: Execute in background [] and add the 1>/dev/null 2>&1 & for the user

Having this ability in the Run Shell Script action would eliminate the need for embedded AppleScripts to perform essentially the same thing.

Thanks.

Posted on
Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:55 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Feature request

Good idea -- thanks for the feature request. Added to our internal feature request list (id 174-266).

Posted on
Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:05 am
berkinet offline

Follow-up: On reflection, I realized the current Store result in variable: would be pretty much mutually exclusive with an Execute in background: option. Obviously, if all stdout and stderr are going to /dev/null, there isn't much left over to return to Indigo :wink:

Posted on
Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:00 am
kw123 offline

I would support that request.

you could check if return result into variable is checked dont do the "> .. &"

Karl

Page 1 of 1