Unexpected in v5 > v6 Upgrade Migration

Posted on
Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:17 pm
CraigM offline

Unexpected in v5 > v6 Upgrade Migration

I noticed a couple of unexpected things that happened/didn't happen while upgrading from v5 to v6 and migrating to a new server.

1) The first thing I did to prep my new server was download a fresh FTDI driver, then followed the migration process of copying the Indigo 6 folder from the old server to the new. Then Installed Indigo 6 on the new server.

Everything went smooth, and everything seems to be working fine, but I was surprised to see that the name of the FTDI is the same as it was on the old server with v5 and v6. I would have expected a fresh download to have a new name.

2) I went to backup my Indigo 6 folder and noticed that it went from +800mb on the old server to 40mb on the new server. I know from my previous post that the culprit is the indigo.history.sqlite file. So I looked to see how large it was, and to my surprise the file is missing in v6.

I opened the Configure SQLite and the path is pointing to Indigo 5/Logs/indigo.history.sqlite
When I close the configure I get
Code: Select all
SQL Logger Error                exception trying to connect or create database file: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/Logs/indigo_history.sqlite
  SQL Logger Error                unable to open database file

Shouldn't that path have been updated while upgrading, and a new file created?

How do I correct this? And will I end up with another huge file? I lowered my settings to this:
SQL.png
SQL.png (298.17 KiB) Viewed 2012 times

Posted on
Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:12 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Unexpected in v5 > v6 Upgrade Migration

The FTDI port name being the same should be fine.

Change the SQLite file path to Indigo 6 (change the 5 to a 6) and it should be able to create and write to the file. You can copy over the old database, but I would just keep it archived unless you have a good reason to keep it all in one huge file. Note the SQLite logger is optional -- you can disable the "Store ..." checkboxes if you don't really have a need to reference historic changes of states. Pruning after 1 week should help keep the file smaller though.

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:31 am
jenwill1 offline

I am pulling variable states and device states into Excel 2011 and noticed the device states have 'false' as an onoffstate on all records. Some reason I thought is logged both states of a device. These are zwave devices.

Variable values seems to be working fine.

Is this correct ?

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:22 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

So, in your SQL database there are no ON records? That shouldn't be happening. Are you sure you're actually getting all the data from the database?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:41 am
jenwill1 offline

Jay,

Here is a screenshot of a MS Query from within Excel… I pulled a dimmer to check a brightness level. I toggled the device state in Indigo and the brightness level changes but the state stayed as a false ?

I don't have any other SQL software to check the record content.

Thanks
Attachments
MSQueryScreen.tiff
MSQueryScreen.tiff (51.33 KiB) Viewed 1890 times

Posted on
Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:06 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Hmmm - that does look like a bug since a device with brightness of > zero should also have it's on/off state set to True. We'll look into it.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:15 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Email me your SQLite database (zip it if it's large) - send it to indigo DASH support AT perceptiveautomation DOT com and include a link to this forum thread so we'll know what it's for.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:46 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The data is correct so it must be a problem with how Excel is getting/interpreting it. Using an app called SQLiteManager, This is what I see for that device:

ss0.png
ss0.png (58.38 KiB) Viewed 1880 times

Anyone else have experience with Excel and boolean field types?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:48 pm
jenwill1 offline

Found the problem in the Actual Tech ODBC driver. The updated the driver and it cleared the problem.

Thanks for leading me in that direction Jay.
Attachments
FixedIODBCDriver.tiff
FixedIODBCDriver.tiff (66.38 KiB) Viewed 1789 times

Page 1 of 1