tls support in indserver, webserver and touch

Posted on
Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:44 am
dtich offline

tls support in indserver, webserver and touch

hi guys. so, what's the timeline for tls support here? was hoping v6 would implement. also, for touch on iOS it's needed.

i know you'll probably direct me to prism (your prism, not nsa's prism presumably :) ) at this juncture, but i'm very at home serving myself, have many other services running via tls at this point and indigo and security spy are the only two left without native support.

thoughts?

thanks!

(ps, hope i didn't miss anything, i searched before asking..)

Posted on
Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:59 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: tls support in indserver, webserver and touch

Yeah, it hasn't bubbled up near the top of our feature request list yet. Other things keep popping up near the top (Z-Wave, Indigo Touch needs a makeover, etc.). Did you see jamus's post on this thread? He got Indigo's Web server working behind an Apache reverse proxy, so if you have Apache setup with SSL that should work fine.

That doesn't help for the native Indigo Cocoa client, of course, but will take care of browser and Indigo Touch access. For Indigo Cocoa client you could always VPN to your home network.

Posted on
Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:49 am
dtich offline

Re: tls support in indserver, webserver and touch

hiya matt. yeah, i hear you. well, i do vpn to the servers now, but only on my computer, nothing doin if i'm out and about, on guest systems, etc. (now that i say it i don't know why i haven't set up vpn on the ios devices by now, i think it actually slipped my mind.. lol. well, no i guess it's because i use a private network vpn on the mobiles.. i suppose they can work together, not sure if ios supports multiple vpn/opportunistic tunneling... hmm.) but no, i hadn't seen that post on the reverse proxy, i'll look into that at some point when i'm home, traveling a lot this year.... well, thankee, and keep tls on the lists willya?

v6 looks really good, thanks! looking forward to some more zwave when i get home. it was the smart play on pa's part.

Page 1 of 1