Indigo Migration to New Server

Posted on
Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:48 am
bbruck offline

Indigo Migration to New Server

Is there a "how do" anywhere on things to do when migrating Indigo to a new server? I want to ensure that my control pages, add-ins, icons, etc. make the move successfully.

I was imagining I would copy the library files over, then install the app. Or install the app then copy the library files. Or something else.

Then try and find the database and copy it too. Before or after everything else.

Humm.

Posted on
Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:51 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo Migration to New Server

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:22 pm
bbruck offline

Thanks! I really was trying not to have to bother you - looked in the wiki and then searched for migration. Didn't think about the getting started guide!

Posted on
Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:40 pm
CraigM offline

Jay, what about the FTDI driver? Should we copy the old one over to the new server, or download a new version onto the new server?

After we have an FTDI driver for the 2413U [based on your answer to the above question] will we need a second one for an RFXrec, or do they share?

Posted on
Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:55 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Correct - you'll need to follow the normal setup instructions for Indigo on a new Mac - including installing whatever drivers are associated with your interface (attempting to copy over 3rd party drivers is not recommended). Just follow the instructions that's also outlined in the Getting Started Guide.

I believe the RFX device also uses the FTDI driver as well so you only need to install that one.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:18 am
bbruck offline

I've just realized some months later that Indigo Server is still running on my source Mac. I've kept the Indigo application on the source mac so I could connect to the remote server on the mac mini. But I now see in Activity Monitor on my source mac that Indigo Server is still running.

How do I stop it from being loaded at startup? I would assume that there's probably some contention between the old unneeded (?) indigo server running on the source mac and indigo server running on the new mac mini?

Posted on
Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:49 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

From the Indigo client on that Mac choose the Indigo->Stop Server menu item, then delete this folder:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6 (or 5, 4, etc).

Make sure you have backups of any Indigo database files you want to keep first, of course, but it sounds like you aren't using that database anymore.

Page 1 of 1