Indigo and CM11 - not working

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:32 am
Mager offline

Indigo and CM11 - not working

Hi,

I've just installed Indigo on my MacBook Pro and are trying to connect it to a CM11 interface. I've also installed the Prolific USBSerial driver. When I try to connect I get "Failed to connect to Interface .....".
I've configured the interface type to CM11/CM12 ... and the serial port to usbserial (which I suspect it the Prolific driver).

In other post I've seen that people have som problems with the CM11 but they basically got it to work, in my case it doesn't work at all!

Any help would be appreciated!

/Mager

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:34 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo and CM11 - not working

Did you install the latest version of the Prolific driver?

You might also try uninstalling that driver, and using this one instead. If it works, I'd be interested in knowing.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:02 am
Mager offline

(No subject)

I think I used the latest version. I got it from their website after I contacted support at Intellihome and they instructed me to install it.

Since I'm quite new to mac I don't know how to uninstall the driver (help needed here).
I installed the one you suggested, but now I don't have any USBSerial (not even the Prolific one) in the Indigo preferences at all.

Maybe I shouldn't have installed it before I uninstalled the other one ...

/Mager

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:05 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

I'm not sure which exact file(s) to remove. Do you see anything in this folder with the word Prolific in it?

/System/Library/Extensions/

Anyone using the Prolific driver that might be able to help?

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:23 am
Mager offline

(No subject)

Now I do see both drivers, I just forgot to plug in the usb-cable from the interface :oops:

However, neither driver seems to work for me. I get the same error message regardless of which driver I select for the serial port.

I might add that the interface works on a PC with ActiveHome.
I'm not to fond of the ActiveHome software, and since I'm using a MacMini as media center Indigo seemed like a good idea!

/Mager
Last edited by Mager on Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:26 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

I would definitely try to uninstall the Prolific driver (find which file to remove). They might be conflicting trying to both use a single piece of hardware. I would also try plugging the USB cable into different USB ports.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:28 am
Mager offline

(No subject)

Finally!

I managed to remove the Prolific driver (you run kextunload and remove the .kext-fil which was in /System/Library/Extension like you said!)

After some rebooting and reinstalling of drivers it is now working with the driver you linked me to!

Now I can try your software (which looks promising !!).

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

/Mager

Posted on
Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:38 am
firegeorgie offline

Re: Indigo and CM11 - not working

so i got the keyspan usb to serial adapter connected to the cm11== the cm11 shows up with the prol;ific driver pl2303 1.6.1
but in indigo when i pick interface cm11 and then the serial port
there is no "usb serial" showing up--just bluetooth -iphone- and tcp
i tried em all and cant figure how to get indigo to recognize the keyspan to pick a serial port
HELP
i saw the other site for another driver -anybody know which one is working
also my keyspan adapter is over 5 yrs old and i dont know nothing on what chipset it uses-
but connecting all up the cm11 shows up for a device pick but no serial port to pick
i used mac automation software to try same on another x10 control app--the routing from driver to adapter to cm11 seemed to show connected but again no serial port on the pop up

Page 1 of 1