'Override Previous Delay' Question

Posted on
Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:16 pm
DU Lou offline

'Override Previous Delay' Question

When I have a lot of Insteon Traffic i.e. an 'all off' scenario, I added a 1 second delay between actions or triggers and I uncheck 'Override Previous Delay'. Is that the right approach?

When would it be useful to use 'Override Previous Delay' ?

Thanks,
~Lou

Posted on
Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:22 pm
berkinet offline

Re: 'Override Previous Delay' Question

Override Previous Delay defines how a trigger should respond to a second triggering event before the first delay expires. If you select the option(check the box) then each new triggering event will reset the delay timer. This behavior will continue until no additional triggering events are received during the delay period.

Posted on
Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:44 pm
lwhitten offline

This seems backwards to me.
I had interpreted as:
* trigger initiates action 1 after any specified delay
* action 2 occurs; if there was a delay specified w/ action 1, then the action 2 delay would be added to that, unless "override previous delay" was specified. In that case the delay would start with the initial trigger

I understand that this interpretation is wrong, but I struggle with the logic every time I add a delay.

If selecting "override previous delay" means that each new triggering event resets the delay timer, then
it should be labeled "Reset delay timer when triggered"

In other words: state exactly what the selector does, so it cannot be misinterpreted.

Posted on
Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:19 pm
Hackencrash offline

I think it should say: Override previous delay if retriggered

This would also make it clearer that you then should only need the remove delayed actions action caused by delays from other action groups in other triggers/schedules/etc., if my understanding is correct :?:

Page 1 of 1