Turn off Web Server logging for shortcuts

Posted on
Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:47 am
CliveS offline

Turn off Web Server logging for shortcuts

I am running several shortcuts to get my HomePod Temperature and Humidity, Eve and 2 x Aqara FP2 Lux readings into Indigo and would like to do so every 30 seconds but this is generating a lot of logging from the Web Server and as I increase the number of devices it will grow.
Is there any way to silence the output and if not can it be added as I expect I am not alone in using Apple Home devices this way to get data into Indigo.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:30 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Turn off Web Server logging for shortcuts

Can you post a few lines from your Event Log that show exactly what's logged? There is no log suppression at the moment, but I want to make sure that we fully understand which messages you are referring to.

I'll add this to the feature request list.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:02 am
CliveS offline

Code: Select all
10 Aug 2023 at 15:57:58
   Action Group                    Shortcuts
   Web Server                      HTTP API command call received from 92.144.72.119
   Web Server                      API v2 command received, id: '136.867 lx' from '92.144.72.119'
   Web Server                      HTTP API command call received from 92.144.72.119
   Web Server                      API v2 command received, id: '339 lx' from '92.144.72.119'
   Web Server                      API v2 command received, id: '71' from '92.144.72.119'
   Web Server                      API v2 command received, id: '21.6°C' from '92.144.72.119'

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:29 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Got it. Those are primarily for security purposes so that you can see any API calls that you might not be expecting. We do understand the clutter if you are doing something that requires some kind of constant communication.

One way you might be able to reduce the logging is to attempt to consolidate all those shortcuts into one. I don't know what they do, so that suggestion is just speculation.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:16 am
CliveS offline

jay (support) wrote:
Got it. Those are primarily for security purposes so that you can see any API calls that you might not be expecting. We do understand the clutter if you are doing something that requires some kind of constant communication..

I appreciate the security concern but the log file will get so cluttered trying to find an unexpected API call would be impossible to see anyway. It would be nice to have the option.

jay (support) wrote:
One way you might be able to reduce the logging is to attempt to consolidate all those shortcuts into one. I don't know what they do, so that suggestion is just speculation.

I cannot see how to consolidate when every variable update has to call the API.

[img]
HomePod Temp To Indigo.jpg
HomePod Temp To Indigo.jpg (216.56 KiB) Viewed 2485 times

[/img]

CliveS

Posted on
Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:16 am
durosity offline

Hey @Clive, don’t suppose you could send me a copy of the shortcuts you’re using and how you have them setup to write to Indigo could you? It’s not something I have any specific need for right now but I suspect it may be useful for something I have in mind later in the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:04 pm
CliveS offline

durosity wrote:
Hey @Clive, don’t suppose you could send me a copy of the shortcuts you’re using and how you have them setup to write to Indigo could you? It’s not something I have any specific need for right now but I suspect it may be useful for something I have in mind later in the year.

Still getting my head around all this but so far

Two types, 'indigo.variable.updateValue' (example as above) for temp, humidity, lux need to be polled hence the request to kill the log output and on/off types like my Aqara FP2 motion and door/window sensors using 'indigo.actionGroup.execute' can be triggered by the Home app and doesn't hit the log to much. but also log every time.

Short HowTo for the Aqara FP2 can be found at
[url]
viewtopic.php?f=136&t=26924&hilit=Aqara+FP2&start=30
[/url]
When you (or anyone else)gets something that Apple Home supports we can sort it out, just ask.

Also this allows Matter to interface with Indigo as I have an Aqara Door and Window Sensor P2, Matter over Thread working as well as updating an Eve Motion also using Matter.

CliveS

Posted on
Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:08 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

CliveS wrote:
jay (support) wrote:
I cannot see how to consolidate when every variable update has to call the API.

Yeah, we probably need some way to do a batches of variable updates. I'll add this to the list as well.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:25 pm
durosity offline

That list is getting mighty long!

Also thanks for the reply Clive, looks like it may be useful!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:10 am
CliveS offline

durosity wrote:
That list is getting mighty long!

Yes and an addition for the ever growing list that I have just thought of,

If API v2 is coming from a local IP then offer the option to turn off logging, that should be safe (and possibly the Indigo Reflector IP if possible)?

CliveS

Page 1 of 1