iMessage not sending (recognising?) pictures sent with plugi

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:46 am
slackman1 offline

iMessage not sending (recognising?) pictures sent with plugi

Hi Glenn,

A strange phenomena in the Indigo iMessage plugin behaviour is bugging me for some time now. Not sure it is related to this plugin, but I'd like your opinion on this if possible.
iMessage on my Indigo Mac mini (separate iCloud account) is behaving correctly when operated 'manually', that is, typing text or dropping a png/jpeg picture in it and it will send it successfully.

And, sending text with the 'text-only' action of the plugin is also successful, as is sending text with the 'iMessage text plus file', but the picture (same as successfully used manually) doesn't seem to be recognised (it stays an png macOS icon) and is not sent by iMessage. Same behaviour with the picture-only action. The blue progress bar in the top of iMessage is slowly progressing until it times out.
Please find two screenshots attached, one of the manually and successful message, one with the result of the plugin trying.

Also, with debugging on, no real error can be found in the log:

Code: Select all
  Trigger                         bel voordeur test
   iMessage Plugin Debug           sendImsgPicture() method called.
   iMessage Plugin Debug           sendImsgPicture() buddyHandle:xxxxxx@mac.com and theMessage:/Users/xxxxxx/Documents/huis.png and use lastBuddy:False
   iMessage Plugin Debug           as_sendpicture() method called.
   iMessage Plugin Debug           Sending Picture/File:/Users/xxxxxx/Documents/huis.png to Buddy/User:xxxxxx@mac.com
   iMessage Plugin Debug           None

So, your opinion is highly appreciated on this. I think that I gave Indigo (pluginhost etc.) all necessary permissions and the plugin is delivering the picture in iMessage, but it seems that it is somehow not recognised or complete, since iMessage normally shows a preview of the picture that is added to it and this is not happening when it is added by the plugin.

Best regards, Gerrit Jan
Attachments
Image 25-02-2024 at 17.33.png
Image 25-02-2024 at 17.33.png (61.47 KiB) Viewed 248 times
Image 25-02-2024 at 17.32.png
Image 25-02-2024 at 17.32.png (22.3 KiB) Viewed 248 times

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:10 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: iMessage not sending (recognising?) pictures sent with p

Hi

Think this will be something simple.

Likely relates to OSX Security aspects.

It seems most folder locations are locked down, with /Pictures being the best source for images (security wise)

Would try with an image located in /Pictures - and think you will find a different result?

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:47 pm
slackman1 offline

Hi Glenn,

Thank you! That was it, running smooth again… :D

Best regards, Gerrit Jan

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:54 pm
GlennNZ offline

No problem.

The issue is /Documents was allowed as a source last version or so of OSX, with recent updates Documents has also become restricted.

Pictures remains unrestricted and would suggest images are saved there for sending, or stored there if static images.

Thanks!

Glenn

Page 1 of 1