Not authorized to send Apple events to Messages

Posted on
Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:02 pm
blauhaus offline

Not authorized to send Apple events to Messages

This plugin has been working flawlessly but I must have broken something while doing some other non-plugin related modifications while troubleshooting a pilot-error Reflector issue with Matt and Jay. It had been working on Indigo 2022.1 and while running Catalina. The error log I'm getting is below. While troubleshooting, I've tried:
--removing and re-adding Full Disk Access permissions for Indigo 2022.1, Indigo Server, IndigoPluginHost, IndigoPluginHost3
--restarting computer, Indigo, & plugin a few times
--reinstalling the iMessage plugin
--the suggestion for Indigo 7.4 to nudge iMessages via AppleScript: viewtopic.php?t=23619&p=192223#p189420

I keep getting same error as below. Any suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks! James

Code: Select all
   iMessage Plugin Error           An Error occured within the iMsg AppleScript component - ScriptError
   iMessage Plugin Error           The Error was :Not authorized to send Apple events to Messages. (-1743) app='Messages' range=110-112
   iMessage Plugin Error           Caught Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 1253, in sendiMsg
    self.as_sendmessage(buddyHandle, theMessage)
  File "plugin.py", line 472, in as_sendmessage
    reply = my_ascript_from_string.run()
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/applescript/__init__.py", line 90, in run
    return self._unpackresult(*self._script.executeAndReturnError_(None))
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/applescript/__init__.py", line 65, in _unpackresult
    raise ScriptError(errorinfo)
applescript.ScriptError: Not authorized to send Apple events to Messages. (-1743) app='Messages' range=110-112

Posted on
Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:21 am
blauhaus offline

Re: Not authorized to send Apple events to Messages

In case anyone else has this issue, I think I found the problem and solution based on this StackExchange thread: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/512 ... tem-events

That solution for the same error (Not authorized to send Apple events to Messages. (-1743)) was for a different application than Messages, but when I checked Settings -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Automation tab, I found an unchecked box for Indigo Server>Messages. I checked that box and now the iMessages plugin is successfully sending messages again.

I have no idea how that box became unchecked. I don' t recall ever accessing the Privacy>Automation tab. Nevertheless, all seems good now.

Page 1 of 1