iMessage error on message received

Posted on
Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:06 am
ryanbuckner offline

Good morning. I love this plugin and let me first start by saying it's working for me. I am getting an error in the log, but it does not hinder the success of my process.

My use case:
I have a script that logs into the TMobile website to scrape some data and enter that data into an Indigo Variable. The website sometimes requires text code validation, so I use iMessage to send myself a text requesting that code. I respond with the code (which iMessage Plugin by default populates into a variable) and the script continues to log into the website.

My iMessage Code:
Code: Select all
def getvalidcode():
   # This function asks Ryan for the code that is sent by TMobile and returns it
   code = ''

indigo.variable.updateValue(1891301906, value="")
   messagevariable = "Please send the TMobile confirmation code"
   imessageID = 'com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.iMessage'
   imsgPlugin = indigo.server.getPlugin(imessageID)
   imsgPlugin.executeAction('sendMessage', props={'message':messagevariable, 'buddyId':'ryanbuckner@gmail.com'})

while len(code) != 6:
      time.sleep(15)
      code = indigo.variables[1891301906].value

return code

The error: something below about an audio file seems off
Code: Select all
Aug 25, 2022 at 9:59:33 AM
   iMessage Plugin Debug           newlist after checking audio file:[('ryanbuckner@gmail.com', '623625')]
   iMessage Plugin Error           iMessage Received from Buddy(s):  Buddy(s) Handle Below:
   iMessage Plugin Error           ryanbuckner@gmail.com
   iMessage Plugin Debug           updatevar run.
   iMessage Plugin Debug           newlist after checking audio file:[('ryanbuckner@gmail.com', '623625')]
   iMessage Plugin Error           iMessage Received from Buddy(s):  Buddy(s) Handle Below:
   iMessage Plugin Error           ryanbuckner@gmail.com
   iMessage Plugin Debug           updatevar run.

Posted on
Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:06 pm
GlennNZ offline

At a quick look I would guess that you have plugin Config setting “show buddy Handle enabled” ?
(I really should change that not to be an error… it just makes it so much easier to find in a busy log like mine!)

This displays in Error red as you are seeing the Buddy Handle - so can easily see and get them. At times they can vary between emails, numbers etc. Once you know what the handle is - can turn off.

This setting should only be used when setting up - or trying to find a Buddy Handle. Just disable it and the error will go away.

The Audio - I’ll have a look at code - just logging details - don’t think it is relevant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:50 pm
ryanbuckner offline

Re: iMessage error on message received

fixed!

Page 1 of 1