iMessage Plugin Error

Posted on
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:50 am
mpleeds offline

iMessage Plugin Error

Great Plugin, thank you.

I am receiving the following event log message whenever imessage is recevied from buddy.

iMessage Plugin Error iMessage Received from Buddy(s): Buddy(s) Handle Below:
iMessage Plugin Error +17604155015

So the text is getting in to Indigo, but for some reason the associated trigger action(s) are not being executed.

Any thoughts?

Posted on
Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:04 pm
GlennNZ offline

iMessage Plugin Error

mpleeds wrote:
Great Plugin, thank you.

I am receiving the following event log message whenever imessage is recevied from buddy.

iMessage Plugin Error iMessage Received from Buddy(s): Buddy(s) Handle Below:
iMessage Plugin Error +17604155015

So the text is getting in to Indigo, but for some reason the associated trigger action(s) are not being executed.

Any thoughts?

That message is because you have ticked - highlight buddy’s - in plugin config. It is there so you can easily find out the correct buddy handle. Untick this config setting and error will go away.

Still leaves us why trigger isn’t running - and for that need more info...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:01 pm
mpleeds offline

Re: iMessage Plugin Error

Thanks for the tip. For some reason, plugin is now fully functional and executing trigger action - - Very useful!

Posted on
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:24 pm
mgolden50 offline

Hi Glenn,

Upgraded to Catalina a couple of weeks ago and just noticed that the iMessage plugin is no longer sending messages to my iPhone.
The Python script to do the same executes without error. but now message are received on my phone whether using plugin directly or via a script.

When I use the OS X Messages app, messages are received just fine.

Any idea what may be happening?

Thanks,

Posted on
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:36 pm
GlennNZ offline

mgolden50 wrote:
Hi Glenn,

Upgraded to Catalina a couple of weeks ago and just noticed that the iMessage plugin is no longer sending messages to my iPhone.
The Python script to do the same executes without error. but now message are received on my phone whether using plugin directly or via a script.

When I use the OS X Messages app, messages are received just fine.

Any idea what may be happening?

Thanks,

Hi,

Looking at my crystal ball I suspect it has something to do with the Catalina upgrade?

Without a log or more detailed info it really is impossible to tell - seems like it isn’t sending messages? Is it receiving them? What does the log say? Are there any startup error messages? Have you setup the security permissions like you did when installed on Mojave?

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:56 pm
mgolden50 offline

Hi Glenn,

I did get your plugin running directly and via Python script.

The first problem was (duh!) because I manage indigo on a remote Mac Mini via VNC and therefore see two docks on my screen I had not been opening the iMessage app on the Mini. So, of course, when I opened iMessage on my laptop it worked. When I finally opened the app on the Mini I discovered it had not been enabled.

After getting that solved, the plugin-in still did not run and I was getting the following message in the log: Error plugin "iMessage.indigoPlugin" is missing file: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/iMessage.indigoPlugin/Contents/Info.plist

To fix this I had to fully delete the plugin in both the plugins folder and in the preferences folder. After a full new download/reinstall of the plugin It all began to work.

Thanks for a great plugin.

Mike

Posted on
Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:29 pm
jltnol offline

So I'm having the same issue as the OP, and this error message shows up in red in the log:

Code: Select all
   iMessage Plugin Error           iMessage Received from Buddy(s):  Buddy(s) Handle Below:
   iMessage Plugin Error           +1504237xxx
   iMessage Plugin Error           iMessage Received from Buddy(s):  Buddy(s) Handle Below:
   iMessage Plugin Error           +1504237xxxx

Still not sure what this means:
That message is because you have ticked - highlight buddy’s - in plugin config. It is there so you can easily find out the correct buddy handle. Untick this config setting and error will go away.

as I see nothing in the Plugin Config to 'tick' or 'highlight' except for the option of showing the buddy's # in the log as texts come in.

In all my messing around, I did get it to work...Once, but not on successive attempts.... just get the error message in the log. I tried just using the incoming text as a trigger, NOT from a "buddy", and that also worked.... Once. My Trigger Action is a simple toggle of a lamp. And even when it does work, there is still error message in red in the log. Is there some kind of time limit on how FAST commands can come in? It seems if I wait long enough, it will activate the trigger again... but only once.... and then I have to wait a length of time before the incoming text will activate the trigger again. Turned on debug mode, so maybe there is a clue in here? (note: changed last digits to xxxx)

Code: Select all
iMessage Plugin Debug           sql_fetchmessages: Not empty return:[(u'+1504237xxxx', u'Mail', 0)]
   iMessage Plugin Debug           newlist after checking audio file:[(u'+15042379999', u'Mail')]
   iMessage Plugin Debug           Flatten Messages first:
   iMessage Plugin Debug           [u'+1504237xxxx', u'Mail']
   iMessage Plugin Debug           Then convert to Dict:
   iMessage Plugin Debug           Coverted Dict:
   iMessage Plugin Debug           {u'+1504237xxxx': u'Mail'}
   iMessage Plugin Debug           parse messages() method called.
   iMessage Plugin Debug           Message Received: Message Info:{u'+1504237xxxx': u'Mail'}
   iMessage Plugin Debug           Checking messages:  Received: Buddy :+1504237xxxx Received Message:Mail
   iMessage Plugin Debug           Buddies Current now equals:(u'+1504237xxxx',)
   iMessage Plugin Error           +1504237xxxx
   iMessage Plugin Debug           Passed against allowed Buddies: {u'+15042374xxxx': u'Mail'}
   iMessage Plugin Debug           Allowed Buddies Equal:+1504237xxxx
   iMessage Plugin Debug           Received Buddy equals:+1504237xxxx
   iMessage Plugin Debug           SELF.lastcommand PRIOR equals:{}
   iMessage Plugin Debug           Updated lastCommandsent:{u'+1504237xxxx': u'Mail'}
   iMessage Plugin Debug           self.lastcommand equals:{u'+1504237xxxx': u'Mail'}
   iMessage Plugin Debug           triggerCheck run.  triggertype:commandReceived
   iMessage Plugin Debug           Removed extra characters from cmd received:mail
   iMessage Plugin Debug           Checking Trigger:         TEST**** (1599450249), Type: specificBuddycommandReceived,  and event : commandReceived
   iMessage Plugin Debug           Trigger :        TEST****, has any text Containing = False
   iMessage Plugin Debug           Trigger PluginProps: Specific CommandCalled:mail
   iMessage Plugin Debug           Within RunConcurrent Thread: Resetting self.lastcommandsent
   iMessage Plugin Debug           Now Self.lastcommandsent :{}

Posted on
Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:55 pm
GlennNZ offline

Hi,

Same problem = same solution.

Untick "Show Buddy Handle in Log"
& the 'error' message will go away.
This is here to highlight what the correct 'buddy' handle is - as can be numbers or email.

See Image Attachment if still not sure.

Regarding incoming messages - YES - there is a time limit for repeated messages that are the same- I recall it is 60 seconds or so.
Within this time they are ignored if same as previous message.

This is by necessity as the plugin receives the same message multiple times from the iMsg SQL database.
So it skips the same message if the last message was the same.
Functionality there shouldn't be any impact unless you plan to send the same message again and again quickly.

To test, alternate messages send another/different message, then the same message again. As long as aren't one after another no problem.

Glenn
Attachments
showbuddyinlog.png
showbuddyinlog.png (80.96 KiB) Viewed 3050 times

Posted on
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:05 pm
jltnol offline

Hey Glenn

Thanks for helping. I didn't quite understand your advice from the first post, but had unchecked it several times, but kept running into the time-out function and nothing was happening. I'm sure the time out is mentioned somewhere in the docs you've provided... I just didn't get that far in reading. But, for now, all seems well.

This is a welcome addition to Indigo for me.... I had been using a different plugin, but it long ago lost the ability to Trigger Actions in Indigo, so I'm very grateful to have this function back with your plugin.

Thanks again for your help!!

Posted on
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:24 am
GlennNZ offline

jltnol wrote:
Hey Glenn

Thanks for helping. I didn't quite understand your advice from the first post, but had unchecked it several times, but kept running into the time-out function and nothing was happening. I'm sure the time out is mentioned somewhere in the docs you've provided... I just didn't get that far in reading. But, for now, all seems well.

This is a welcome addition to Indigo for me.... I had been using a different plugin, but it long ago lost the ability to Trigger Actions in Indigo, so I'm very grateful to have this function back with your plugin.

Thanks again for your help!!

No problem!

Glad all is well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1