Access to incoming text?

Posted on
Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:03 am
Alain offline

Access to incoming text?

Hi,
Is it possible to get "access" to the content of an incoming message? Does it go to a variable or something?
Thank you,
Alain

Posted on
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:20 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: Access to incoming text?

Alain wrote:
Hi,
Is it possible to get "access" to the content of an incoming message? Does it go to a variable or something?
Thank you,
Alain

I don’t believe so - at least not easily - but will have a proper look and update.

What are you trying to achieve?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:26 pm
Alain offline

I would like to send the content of a message to a variable to that I could "speak" the text (text to speech).
Thanks for your help.
Alain

Posted on
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:48 pm
GlennNZ offline

Alain wrote:
I would like to send the content of a message to a variable to that I could "speak" the text (text to speech).
Thanks for your help.
Alain

Can you give me a longer description of usage - and may be able to add it as action.

Ever message received? You walk to speak?
Or only some, one buddy?
Or a trigger component eg. “speak: ...”

Posted on
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:38 pm
GlennNZ offline

Can try/test this version here: 0.4.3

https://github.com/Ghawken/iMessagePlugin/tree/wit.ai

Add Plugin Config 'Save to Variable' setting for ALL incoming messages
Saves to Indigo Variable incoming message according to BuddyHandle received.

Will save every message received, from everyone, including commands.

Glenn

Posted on
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:39 pm
Alain offline

Awesome! Thank you! Can't wait to try this.
Alain

Posted on
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:49 pm
Alain offline

Maybe I'm doing something wrong - but when I double-click on the downloaded plugin file, I get an error in the Indigo log:

plugin "iMessage.indigoPlugin" is missing file: /Users/house/Desktop/iMessage.indigoPlugin/Contents/Info.plist

Any advice?

Posted on
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:57 pm
GlennNZ offline

Alain wrote:
Maybe I'm doing something wrong - but when I double-click on the downloaded plugin file, I get an error in the Indigo log:
plugin "iMessage.indigoPlugin" is missing file: /Users/house/Desktop/iMessage.indigoPlugin/Contents/Info.plist
Any advice?

Download from the link - Download - and then double click the indigoplugin file to install/update?

the Info.plist file is there....

G

Posted on
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:01 pm
Alain offline

I didn't download it correctly. My fault. Sorry.

Posted on
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:20 pm
Alain offline

When I create a new Trigger, and click on "Edit Event Settings", the spinning ball spins for a wall, and the Event Log says:

age for request UiGetValues2
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.iMessage for request CallPluginFunc
Error (client) dialogForEventId() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

Thanks,
Alain

Posted on
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:47 pm
GlennNZ offline

Alain wrote:
When I create a new Trigger, and click on "Edit Event Settings", the spinning ball spins for a wall, and the Event Log says:
age for request UiGetValues2
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.iMessage for request CallPluginFunc
Error (client) dialogForEventId() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]
Thanks,
Alain

No such issue here I'm afraid, and the triggers/actions/events code all haven't changed (check the code commit to be double sure)
Not quite sure what you have done - that seems to be a indigo based error, would restart the plugin and see how behaves.

G

Posted on
Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:20 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I've seen errors like that when there's an open device config dialog when the plugin is restarted.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:46 am
Alain offline

I am having problems running the plugin at all now. I have tried reloading the plugin, downgrading back to 0.42, checking the security settings, rebooting the Mac, and I get the following behaviour:

At startup, I get an error message int he Indigo log:

Error timeout waiting for plugin "iMessage Plugin 0.4.2" (pid 472) to initialize

If I try to create a new trigger, I can select the plugin as the type, but there are no choices in the Event menu.

If I try to look at an existing action (from before I started having the issues), the log generates an error:

Error (client) Action couldn't be found - the plugin supplying the action may be disabled or missing.

I must have screwed something up or corrupted something, I just need some help recovering from this - I love (and need) the plugin!

Thanks
Alain

Posted on
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:50 am
GlennNZ offline

Access to incoming text?

Alain wrote:

I must have screwed something up or corrupted something, I just need some help recovering from this - I love (and need) the plugin!

Alain

Does seem that way! Perhaps you install half something, based on the past messages.

Would stop indigo server and check the plugins and plugins(disabled) directories for the iMessage Plugin. Would delete both/any found.

Restart Indigo server and then install latest version of plugin and see how you go.

(If still major issues could release a version update, to hopefully wash away you previous half install issues)

Glenn

Posted on
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:09 pm
Alain offline

Got it working. I also had to trash the preferences file then re-install.

And the message saving to variable is amazing!

What I will do now is trigger off of that variable changing, then use Announcer to speak the message (from variable) over Airfoil-connected speakers.

Thanks so much.