iMessage install for beginners non english natives

Posted on
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:12 pm
Pacoramique offline

iMessage install for beginners non english natives

Hi GlennNZ (and others),

I want to install iMessage with Indigo 7.3.1 under OSX 10.11, so I read the step by step without success and some questions :

1 - There is no Full Disk Access folder in OSX 10.11 Security and Privacy System Preferences ? May be another way to setup ? Do I absolutely need OSX 10.13 ?

2 - As you say :"If hard to find out Buddy Handle (sometimes email, sometimes phone) enable Config checkbox 'Show Buddy Handle in Log'. Send indigo Mac and iMsg if all is functioning correctly, the Plugin will highlight for you the correct Buddy Handle to use in the Plugin Config and the send iMessage boxes as required."
Buddy List is my iPhone 8 number, Apple AppStore or iTunes email ID, anything else from a specific web site ?

3 - My iMessage account is activated and works well. Do I have to setup iMessage in a specific way ? iMessage app must be opened to work with Indigo ?

4 - What do you mean by "Send indigo Mac and iMsg if all is functioning correctly, the Plugin will highlight for you the correct Buddy Handle to use in the Plugin Config and the send iMessage boxes as required.". I don't understand.

4 - I don't understand what is the Wit.Ai Al usage. May you explain with very simple words ?

Regards,

Posted on
Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:39 am
GlennNZ offline

Re: iMessage install for beginners non english natives

1 - There is no Full Disk Access folder in OSX 10.11 Security and Privacy System Preferences ? May be another way to setup ? Do I absolutely need OSX 10.13 ?

The Security settings are new for newer versions of OSX. For older versions, likely not needed.
Although older version of OSX have security issues with many plugins and web access because of old TLS security

2 - As you say :"If hard to find out Buddy Handle (sometimes email, sometimes phone) enable Config checkbox 'Show Buddy Handle in Log'. Send indigo Mac and iMsg if all is functioning correctly, the Plugin will highlight for you the correct Buddy Handle to use in the Plugin Config and the send iMessage boxes as required."
Buddy List is my iPhone 8 number, Apple AppStore or iTunes email ID, anything else from a specific web site ?

If you enable checkbox 'Show Buddy Handle in Log'
Send this account a message - and the log with highlight in error red the Buddy Handle of the received message.
Buddy is a specific apple ID it will be only one thing.

3 - My iMessage account is activated and works well. Do I have to setup iMessage in a specific way ? iMessage app must be opened to work with Indigo ?

No.

4 - What do you mean by "Send indigo Mac and iMsg if all is functioning correctly, the Plugin will highlight for you the correct Buddy Handle to use in the Plugin Config and the send iMessage boxes as required.". I don't understand.

As per above - you need to know the Buddy Handle to know when you have received a message from this buddy.
This settings prints in the log the correct Buddy Handle.

4 - I don't understand what is the Wit.Ai Al usage. May you explain with very simple words ?

Wit.ai enables you to send simple normal language messages to iMessage and the plugin will action.
eg. "Turn On IndigoDevice Named"

Without wit.ai the plugin simply listens for your trigger phrases and responds if these match
eg.
'Gate' received.
From Buddy Handle me
Action Open/Close Gate

Posted on
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:31 pm
Pacoramique offline

Re: iMessage install for beginners non english natives

Hi GlennNZ,

Many thanks for help.

3- FYI, with Mac OSX 10.11, iMessage must be opened to work properly with Indigo and your plugin.

I still don't undestand the issue, because My Buddy was my iPhone number, and (of course) the same in the Configure Send iMsg Message.
Indigo Log error was :
iMessage Plugin Error An Error occured within the iMsg AppleScript component - ScriptError
iMessage Plugin Error The Error was :Expected end of line, etc. but found identifier. (-2741) range=105-107

I restarted computer and iMessage plugin works well now.

Suggestions :
- in "Configure Send iMsg Message" window, it would be nice to have a width handle for "Message toSend" box with long text.
- both "Return" and "Validation" keys don't return to the line in the text box but close the window. I have to paste a pilcrow sign ¶ to write more than one line.

Regards,
Attachments
Capture.png
Capture.png (136.84 KiB) Viewed 1514 times

Page 1 of 1