Monterey - partially broken

Posted on
Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:46 pm
shapa offline

The plugin still works, but is not able to send images anymore (only text) - images failing to deliver after (very long) "attempting" stage.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 19.45.29.png
Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 19.45.29.png (215.98 KiB) Viewed 1921 times

Posted on
Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:16 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: Monterey - partially broken

Yikes, Given what I recall about your large? install - why would you upgrade?

I haven’t upgraded any install given the increasing issues in the OSX releases.

To some extent as first reports go this is pretty good, although I suspect it may also not recognise incoming messages? Test that bit as well.

The images are interesting - almost looks like a path or permissions path error. In that, the file is there, it gets to iMessage and it is trying to send it to correct person…

Double check the iMessage plugin setup - permissions etc as per the plugin documentation. The new OSX likely has undone those permissions. May.. make a difference.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:05 pm
shapa offline

Well, let's say I love to help others to avoid my mistakes :) Bleeding edge. Someone should be doing the QA anyway.

For sure I've checked the permissions. And in case I'll double click on any image name - it will actually show the image.

Those images are definitely "outcoming" - when someone is using the intercom, static jpeg from the camera is shared via iMessage. Another house install (still on BigSur) continues to work fine.

Posted on
Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:28 pm
GlennNZ offline

shapa wrote:
Well, let's say I love to help others to avoid my mistakes :) Bleeding edge. Someone should be doing the QA anyway.
For sure I've checked the permissions. And in case I'll double click on any image name - it will actually show the image.
Those images are definitely "outcoming" - when someone is using the intercom, static jpeg from the camera is shared via iMessage. Another house install (still on BigSur) continues to work fine.

Not sure home automation wants to live on the bleeding edge!

Anyhow, have updated a system to Monterey and agree sending images is broken...

There is this report:
https://apple.stackexchange.com/questio ... ey-problem

Which essentially the same issue as plugin uses AppleScript to Imessage to send messages out, have just checked and the incoming SQL database access works fine..

Update: Workaround

It is because of sandboxing the iMessage app - need to save photos to a directory that all app’s have access to. (which quick checks seems to be Downloads and Pictures).

Checked - if png in users Picture directory will send fine with the plugin.

I would guess could also overcome by giving iMessage FullDiskAccess in security - but haven't tested that as yet. Figured using Pictures directory safer for the moment.

Glenn

Posted on
Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:02 pm
shapa offline

The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club.

The second rule is to make backups :)

Indeed, the "Pictures" folder has restored the iMessage plugin.

Page 1 of 1