Schedules

Posted on
Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:49 pm
jltnol offline

Schedules

So I inherited an Ecobee 4 T-stat and have it installed and connected to Indigo. So far, so good.

Is it possible to disable all the built in schedules, and have indigo manage this for me? I'm not on a weekly/weekend/arise/ sleep schedule, so having Indigo handle this for me is preferable. Just guessing I could make the built in schedules 1 minute long... from 12:01A to 12:02AM (if this is even possible...) but can easily see how that would interfere with how I want Indigo to control temps...

And in the Indigo Devices, above the green Humidity thermometer, I have 2 temps listed, both are the same. What are they for?

Posted on
Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:54 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Schedules

No, don't even try. Don't try to use an Ecobee that way, it won't work.

I'd have to go look up what the diff temps are. It depends on which model Ecobee and if you have a remote sensor linked, as I recall.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:19 pm
jltnol offline

Thanks

Got it.

Posted on
Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:36 am
jltnol offline

So one more question about schedules...

Assuming Ecobee has the temp down to 70º at night, and go back to 75º in the daytime, can Indigo change the temps in between time? or will Ecobee change back to the schedule any changes Indigo makes? I'm assuming the former... that Indigo can manage the temps, but when the the timeline for a built in schedule is crossed, Ecobee will execute the built in schedule.....

Posted on
Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:05 am
FlyingDiver offline

Whenever Indigo changes the setpoint, it's a temporary hold on the schedule. The next schedule change will override that. There is an action to set a temp with a permanent hold, but I don't think it actually sticks indefinitely.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:37 am
jltnol offline

but I don't think it actually sticks indefinitely.

Yep. For me, not the best, but I easily see a way around this. FYI, I've got an Insteon T-stat now, and its working fine..does exactly what I need/want, but as the protocol fades away I'm looking at replacements. The Ecobee 4 was free, so may just hang on to it for a bit before I install it.

As always, thanks for your help.

Page 1 of 1