Ecobee "Edit Device Group" shows three names.

Posted on
Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:58 pm
billorav offline

Ecobee "Edit Device Group" shows three names.

The Ecobee "Edit Device Group" screen shows 3 Names off of the one Ecobee Thermostat. I would like to delete 2 of these but not sure if that is possible. I am having some issues with temperatures changing un expectantly and not linked to any trigger or schedule. I didn't want to delete and start over with this thermostat since there are a lot of dependancies. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Ecobee Screen shot.png
Ecobee Screen shot.png (136.09 KiB) Viewed 1669 times

Posted on
Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:36 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Ecobee "Edit Device Group" shows three names.

What do you see in the device list? Three devices there as well? What does the edit dialog look like for the other two devices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:37 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Actually I need to see the device edit window for all three devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:41 pm
billorav offline

Sorry for the late reply. I had 2 more Ecobee devices with different names show up in the device list. I deleted one and it wiped the Master Bedroom Ecobee device and the 2 ghost devices. Also lost triggers and had to rebuild the control page. I think all is well for now. Not sure how this happened but this thermostat was falling off the cloud, off and on for several weeks now, and I would have to force it to go back on WIFI. We have 4 Ecobee thermostats and this (troubled one) is using DHCP now and I will put it back to a static IP address on our router to see if that helps. Also will check the firmware.

Thanks,

Bill

Posted on
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:29 pm
billorav offline

Also Ecobee servers have been screwed up for several days. Cloud service was completely out last night from 11pm to around 7am PST this morning and could not use Indigo to communicate with the Stats. The Ecobee cloud seems to be running smoothly now. I believe some of my past problems were related to cloud outages. So I have started monitoring Ecobee with the Downdetector app.

Page 1 of 1