2 new sensors on Ecobee4 not showing up

Posted on
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:53 pm
Jann offline

Re: 2 new sensors on Ecobee4 not showing up

OMGosh!
I'm one of those who have dozens of scripts/triggers associated w/my Ecobee2 devices. Using v2.1.7.
Any hope for me outside of deleting all triggers and starting over?
I can't really do that but bought 4 new remote thermostats - and they're not showing up in indigo even though they are in ecobee's app and website.

Posted on
Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:31 am
FlyingDiver offline

Jann wrote:
OMGosh!
I'm one of those who have dozens of scripts/triggers associated w/my Ecobee2 devices. Using v2.1.7.
Any hope for me outside of deleting all triggers and starting over?
I can't really do that but bought 4 new remote thermostats - and they're not showing up in indigo even though they are in ecobee's app and website.

The problem originally posted in this thread was resolved long ago. Are your running the latest version of the plugin? Have you tried creating Indigo devices for those new sensors?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:14 am
Jann offline

No, I’m not using 2.2.0 because when I tried to install it and create new ecobee and sensors Indigo wanted to delete some 15-20 triggers I made using 2.1.7.
I dont see how to say: Install 2.2.0 and port the triggers over to the new sensors 2.2.0 creates.
Sorry if I’m dense...but how can I update to 2.2.0 w/o losing all; my triggers?

Posted on
Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:11 am
FlyingDiver offline

Jann wrote:
No, I’m not using 2.2.0 because when I tried to install it and create new ecobee and sensors Indigo wanted to delete some 15-20 triggers I made using 2.1.7.
I dont see how to say: Install 2.2.0 and port the triggers over to the new sensors 2.2.0 creates.
Sorry if I’m dense...but how can I update to 2.2.0 w/o losing all; my triggers?

I'm confused. You have a working 2.1.7 system with an Ecobee and some number of remote sensors, right? If you upgrade the plugin to 2.2.0 and don't delete or create any devices, does it work?

Because I just tried that. I installed 2.1.7 on my development server, authenticated it, created a thermostat (which included one remote sensor), then created triggers for each device (thermostat, occupancy sensor, remote sensor). Then I upgraded to 2.2.0. As far as I can tell, all devices and triggers are intact.

If you have added a remote that was not present in the 2.1.7 system, you should be able to add just that one remote. Without touching any of the existing devices.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:40 pm
Jann offline

So, here's what happened last month when I tried. I had 2.1.7 with one thermostat (Activated) and 7 remotes.
I upgraded to 2.2.0.
the thermostat stopped updating or doing anything...
I will try now (time machine backed up the /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7 directory - so I can revert)

Thanks for the indication that 2.2.0 won't break my system - cos release notes indicates it was a full and total rewrite and might cause issues...

Posted on
Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:57 pm
Jann offline

Joe,

Many, many, many apologies!!!
I misunderstood the notes in the v2.2.0 release notes.

I assumed a lot of awful things would happen upon updating...but your plugin converted all my remotes to standalone devices, then I could actually click NEW choose Ecobee2->Remote Sensor and choose the new sensor to add. All my triggers were just moved and kept working with the newly-independent remote thermostat devices!

In other words, it just worked!

Going to a corner to engage in some well-deserved self-flagellation! How could I ever have doubted you????

Posted on
Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:06 pm
FlyingDiver offline

LOL

joe (aka FlyingDiver)