Ecobee 2.x plugin/Celsius increment

Posted on
Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:38 am
OjisanSeiuchi offline

Ecobee 2.x plugin/Celsius increment

Living in Canada, we tend to use degrees Celsius for temperatures. The Ecobee thermostat heads provide 0.5°C increments/decrements but the plugin only permits 1.0°C changes. In a future release, could this be changed as my wife prefers neither 20 nor 21 but 21.5°C. :wink:

Feedback (general):

- I encountered the same issues expanding the installation zip file that another user commented on elsewhere. I eventually had to resort to a third-party application to decompress it.
- The configuration process is straightforward - no issues there.
- My biggest problem with the old version was that after a period of time, usually a week but sometimes less than a day, it would start reporting "not authenticated" errors and I would have to resubmit the 4 digit PIN to re-register the app, etc. Too early to say whether this release solves that problem.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (43.64 KiB) Viewed 2040 times

Posted on
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:47 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Ecobee 2.x plugin/Celsius increment

OjisanSeiuchi wrote:
Living in Canada, we tend to use degrees Celsius for temperatures. The Ecobee thermostat heads provide 0.5°C increments/decrements but the plugin only permits 1.0°C changes. In a future release, could this be changed as my wife prefers neither 20 nor 21 but 21.5°C. :wink: .

Please create an issue for this at https://github.com/FlyingDiver/Indigo-Ecobee-2/issues

Are you able to set half-degree increments using an Indigo action, rather than the Indigo UI?

OjisanSeiuchi wrote:
Feedback (general):

- I encountered the same issues expanding the installation zip file that another user commented on elsewhere. I eventually had to resort to a third-party application to decompress it.
- The configuration process is straightforward - no issues there.
- My biggest problem with the old version was that after a period of time, usually a week but sometimes less than a day, it would start reporting "not authenticated" errors and I would have to resubmit the 4 digit PIN to re-register the app, etc. Too early to say whether this release solves that problem.

I think I may have figure out what's causing the zip file issues. Could you try to download either 2.1.7 or 2.18 and see if you still have problems?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:18 am
FlyingDiver offline

I did some investigation on this. It looks like you can do a 0.5 change using an action, so it can be done from a control page or similar.

The Indigo UI defaults to a 1 degree delta, and I don't see any way for me to change that. And it does the same action that a control page would use, so I can't tell that it's coming from the Indigo UI.

So unless @matt or @jay have some way to change what the Indigo client is doing, I can't do anything different.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:12 am
OjisanSeiuchi offline

Fair enough. Thanks. I was indeed able to use a 0.5 degree increment in a Python script on the necessary control pages.

Posted on
Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:15 am
FlyingDiver offline

OjisanSeiuchi wrote:
Fair enough. Thanks. I was indeed able to use a 0.5 degree increment in a Python script on the necessary control pages.

FWIW, you can do it with a standard Indigo action, if you don't want to use a Python script.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:39 am
OjisanSeiuchi offline

FWIW, you can do it with a standard Indigo action

Right. I failed to mention in this particular case, I was doing something that and something does require a script with one UI gesture. When I encounter that I usually just script it all.

So far, the plugin is very stable - haven't encountered the authentication issues after 48hrs of running. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1