Plugin not updating

Posted on
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:48 am
eric offline

Plugin not updating

Hi,

I love the new plugin , except I hope you will concentrate on reliability in future releases.

Like the old one (but in a different way) I find that the plugin has stalled and is not updating the status of my five ecobees and ten remotes. It seems to happen after about a day or two, pretty consistently.

Unlike the old plugin, a simple reload solves the problem.

But since I use the thermostats and remotes for occupancy detection throughout the house I would prefer rock-solid reliability over anything else.

Is there a way to add a feature to send nightly status reports proving that the plugin is still working? Is there a way to automatically reload the plugin at 6-hour intervals to ensure that it it is always functioning?

Thanks.

Eric

Posted on
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:10 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Plugin not updating

I split this post from the other thread, as this is a problem report and not related to the other topic.

Like the old one (but in a different way) I find that the plugin has stalled and is not updating the status of my five ecobees and ten remotes. It seems to happen after about a day or two, pretty consistently.

Are there any error messages in the Indigo log from the plugin? Probably right before it seems to stall? If not, please increase the log level (to debug at least) and see if anything is reported. Also, make sure you're running the latest version on the plugin store.

Is there a way to add a feature to send nightly status reports proving that the plugin is still working? Is there a way to automatically reload the plugin at 6-hour intervals to ensure that it it is always functioning?

You can test the last updated value for the device to see if there hasn't been an update. I forgot exactly how to do that but it was explained here in forums somewhere.

You can schedule a plugin reload action. It's in Server Actions -> Enable/Disable/Reload Actions.

Like I said, neither of those should be necessary. If you can get me something from the logs to go on, I'll try to look into the issue this week. But if I don't get to it by the weekend, it'll be after Christmas before I can get to it again.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:15 am
eric offline

Thanks.

I'll try to send the debugging logs at the point of failure (if and when), which I've just turned on.

In the mean time I've just enabled a reload every six hours.

Regarding downloading the latest release, I cannot seem to download 2.1.7 at all - it fails. I've tried it on two machines.

I'm running 2.1.5.

Posted on
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:52 am
FlyingDiver offline

If you can't download the indigoPlugin.zip file, try the other zip file. I think you're the second person to say they have a problem downloading, but I never do. And lots of other people are downloading them OK, so I don't understand what's going on there.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:42 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

eric wrote:
Regarding downloading the latest release, I cannot seem to download 2.1.7 at all - it fails. I've tried it on two machines.

Can you be more specific? What is the exact error message or failure message? What macOS version? What browser & version?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:45 pm
eric offline

"Decompression Failed"

See screenshot.

MacOS 10.14.1

Safari 12.01
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 6.42.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 6.42.22 PM.png (187.6 KiB) Viewed 3747 times

Posted on
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:46 pm
FlyingDiver offline

If you go to your downloads folder and double-click the file there, what happens?

Actually, check that. It's got a -8 in the name, which means there's already 8 copies of that file in your Downloads. Delete them all, and any uncompressed versions of the file first.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:11 pm
eric offline

None of the files decompresses when manually double clicked in the downloads folder.

Even the first download fails on decompress.

I’ve deleted them all and started fresh several times.

The only reason there are 8 copies there is because of repeated attempts.

Happy to send a sample download file if you want to try it.

I don’t have this problem with any other plugin, though I’ve had it with a few versions of this one.

It’s corrected itself before after a few attempts, but not yet for 2.1.7

Posted on
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:42 pm
eric offline

Joe and Matt,

The file is not unzipping in any folder, empty downloads folder etc.

Permissions are fine. Everything's fine. Other things unzip.

So let me know where to send my troubled zip file if you want to test it, and if you don't mind sending me a version of the plugin 2.1.7 some other way I would appreciate it.

Finder error message screenshot attached.

Eric
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 7.40.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 7.40.17 PM.png (126.16 KiB) Viewed 3730 times

Posted on
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:55 pm
eric offline

Joe,

And as a further update, I was able to pull version 2.1.8 from GitHub and install it successfully.

Thanks for all of your help,

Eric

Posted on
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:08 pm
FlyingDiver offline

You don't happen to be running on a case-sensitive file system?

I'm grasping at straws here. Those files work fine for many users, so what's different about your system?

The GitHub zip files seem to be working for you, but the Finder-compressed zip files I attach to the release aren't. Hmm.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:22 pm
eric offline

I am not running case-sensitive.

FYI, I had tried downloading 2.1.7 from GitHub and it also would not unzip.

But 2.1.8 did.

Posted on
Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:37 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Just another data point, but I downloaded 2.1.7 from the store and it unzipped and installed into Indigo w/o any errors.

Posted on
Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:51 pm
FlyingDiver offline

matt (support) wrote:
Just another data point, but I downloaded 2.1.7 from the store and it unzipped and installed into Indigo w/o any errors.

If changed the download file yesterday. It had some extended attributes that might have caused an issue on some systems.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Page 1 of 1