chobo offline

Re: Ecobee Version 2.0.3 Pre-release

Joe,

Upgraded to 2.0.5 and was immediately bombarded with a log full of these:

Code: Select all
Ecobee 2 Error                  Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 139, in runConcurrentThread
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/Ecobee 2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee.py", line 551, in update
AttributeError: EcobeeThermostat instance has no attribute 'occupancy'

Thinking this happened when upgrading from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4 too. Had to delete all devices and add them back (along with several dependencies). Thoughts/suggestions? Thx!!

Posted on
Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:18 pm
FlyingDiver offline

chobo wrote:
Joe,

Upgraded to 2.0.5 and was immediately bombarded with a log full of these:

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/Ecobee 2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee.py", line 551, in update

Thinking this happened when upgrading from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4 too. Had to delete all devices and add them back (along with several dependencies). Thoughts/suggestions? Thx!!

If it doesn't happen after creating the new devices then I'm not going to worry about it. This is pre-release and the device definitions are changing a lot.

What model Ecobee(s) do you have?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:23 pm
chobo offline

FlyingDiver wrote:

If it doesn't happen after creating the new devices then I'm not going to worry about it. This is pre-release and the device definitions are changing a lot.

What model Ecobee(s) do you have?

Just deleted all of the devices again and I'm no longer seeing the error. Using an Ecobee 3 and three remote sensors. Will plan to do this with each pre-release update. Thanks, Joe!

Posted on
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:43 am
chobo offline

Believe something else is at play here... A reboot of the Indigo Server caused this error to return. No changes were made to the devices or the plugin configuration. Exact same error as above. How can I assist in troubleshooting?

Posted on
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:45 am
FlyingDiver offline

chobo wrote:
Believe something else is at play here... A reboot of the Indigo Server caused this error to return. No changes were made to the devices or the plugin configuration. Exact same error as above. How can I assist in troubleshooting?

Turn on debugging, do the restart again, and post the log lines for the Ecobee plugin.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:59 pm
chobo offline

Hi Joe. Here's the log from Indigo startup until first error with debugging enabled:

Loading plugin "Ecobee 2 2.0.5"
Starting plugin "Ecobee 2 2.0.5" (pid 1302)
Ecobee 2 Debug                  logLevel = 10
Ecobee 2 Debug                  macOS 10.13.6, Indigo 7.2.0
Ecobee 2 Debug                  updateFrequency = 420.0
Ecobee 2 Debug                  setting temperature scale to F
Ecobee 2                        Down: Starting EcobeeThermostat Device ####
Ecobee 2 Debug                  getDeviceStateList, typeID = EcobeeThermostat, model = ecobee3 Smart, device_type = athenaSmart
Ecobee 2 Debug                  Down: EcobeeThermostat __init__
Ecobee 2                        Ecobee Account: Starting EcobeeAccount Device ####
Ecobee 2 Debug                  getDeviceStateList, typeID = EcobeeAccount, model = , device_type = None
Ecobee 2 Debug                  Ecobee Account: __init__ configDone = True
Ecobee 2 Debug                  EcobeeAccount __init__, using refresh token = ####
Ecobee 2 Debug                  Token Request with refresh_token = ####
Ecobee 2 Debug                  Token Refresh OK, access_token = ####, refresh_token = ####, expires_in = 3599
Ecobee 2 Debug                  Thermostat Update OK, got info on 1 devices
Ecobee 2                        Ecobee GR Occupancy: Starting OccupancySensor Device ####
Ecobee 2 Debug                  getDeviceStateList, typeID = OccupancySensor, model = Occupancy, device_type = None
Ecobee 2                        Ecobee Remote - 1: Starting RemoteSensor Device ####
Ecobee 2 Debug                  getDeviceStateList, typeID = RemoteSensor, model = Remote, device_type = None
Ecobee 2                        Ecobee Remote - 2: Starting RemoteSensor Device ####
Ecobee 2 Debug                  getDeviceStateList, typeID = RemoteSensor, model = Remote, device_type = None
Ecobee 2                        Ecobee Remote - 3: Starting RemoteSensor Device ####

Ecobee 2 Error                  plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:07 pm
FlyingDiver offline

You have one Ecobee 3? With three remotes? And when you created the device for the Ecobee 3 (named "Down"?), did it create three Remote Sensor devices as well?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:10 pm
chobo offline

Yes, one Ecobee 3 named Down. The three remotes have been automatically created. (As you can tell, I have changed the names of all Ecobee devices to be a bit simpler).

Posted on
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:30 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I think I found a potential race condition in the code. Try this version: https://github.com/FlyingDiver/Indigo-E ... /tag/2.0.6

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:50 pm
chobo offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
I think I found a potential race condition in the code. Try this version: https://github.com/FlyingDiver/Indigo-E ... /tag/2.0.6

Downloaded and installed. New error(s):

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/Ecobee 2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee.py", line 479, in update
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/Ecobee 2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee.py", line 457, in updatable
AttributeError: EcobeeThermostat instance has no attribute 'ecobee'

Ecobee 2 Error                  plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:28 pm
FlyingDiver offline

OK, the fix is not going to be as easy as I had hoped.

Here's the issue. Looking at your earlier log file, you can see these lines, in this order:

Ecobee 2                        Ecobee Account: Starting EcobeeAccount Device ####

As you can see, Indigo is starting the Thermostat device before the Account device. But the code is sort-of assuming that the Account device was active before it can do Thermostats. On my system, and I guess the other testers, the Account device is always getting started first. I don't think there's any way to force the order. So I need to rethink how the devices are initialized to account for this. :(

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:35 pm
chobo offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
OK, the fix is not going to be as easy as I had hoped.

Here's the issue. Looking at your earlier log file, you can see these lines, in this order:

As you can see, Indigo is starting the Thermostat device before the Account device. But the code is sort-of assuming that the Account device was active before it can do Thermostats. On my system, and I guess the other testers, the Account device is always getting started first. I don't think there's any way to force the order. So I need to rethink how the devices are initialized to account for this. :(

Makes complete sense, Joe. Have run into a somewhat similar timing issue with some of Perry's plugins loading before my Insteon interface initializes. Let me know how I can be helpful as you rethink this.

Posted on
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:55 am
shumon1212 offline

Hi Joe, just tested Pre-release 2.0.6 with my Carrier Cor thermostats. Same exact issue as chobo. I tried to reload the plugin several times, hoping that the Account device would load first, but did not get lucky! Look forward to some more testing.

Posted on
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:58 am
FlyingDiver offline

shumon1212 wrote:
Hi Joe, just tested Pre-release 2.0.6 with my Carrier Cor thermostats. Same exact issue as chobo. I tried to reload the plugin several times, hoping that the Account device would load first, but did not get lucky! Look forward to some more testing.

Go back to 2.0.5. I've deleted the 2.0.6 release. That fix didn't work and just broke other stuff.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)