Rechargeable Batteries in Euro Spirit TRVs and Thermostats

Posted on
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:57 am
Busta999 offline

Rechargeable Batteries in Euro Spirit TRVs and Thermostats

My 5c worth on this ....

I have been testing rechargeable batteries in Spirit TRVs and Horstmann/Secure Thermostats.

I have found the Eneloop white and black batteries seems to do well - I have a long term test running - but of rthe last 6 months they appear to have done well.

Recently started testing Ikea high end rechargeable batteries - specifically the Ladda 2450 and 900 - which appear to be doing as well as Envelops but at less than 33% of the cost.

Lessons learnt:-

I have found that when the Spirits and particularly the Hortsmann / Secure Thermostats fall off a click when they report about 35% battery and that is when you need to replace them, they will hover at this reported charge for a fews days then collapse to 5% in one big drop.

I have set triggers to watch every monitorable battery which sends me a text once a day telling me that one of the batteries is low accompanied by Matplotlib Battery graph and I can see instantly the device that needs replacing.

Posted on
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:28 am
Busta999 offline

Re: Rechargeable Batteries in Euro Spirit TRVs and Thermosta

On the rooms where I can, I have replaced the batteries with Battery Eliminators.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0827R5MBC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have 6 of these running for over month and they are working well.

I continue to use rechargeable's I am finding the Ikea Lady rechargeables really good and exceptional value. https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/ladda-rechargeable-battery-70303876/

Having now stabilised this some and reduced the battery changes significantly I am about to convert some more radiators taking it up to 13 zones and 14 radiators.

Page 1 of 1