Best way to control 'Away' behaviour

Posted on
Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:56 am
Busta999 offline

Best way to control 'Away' behaviour

Autolog

I am trying to determine best way to drop SetPoints when the Variable Away is true.

i.e. drop SetPoint by (2 degrees C - does that sound right?) when Away is set to True.

Away is for short periods - i.e. everyone out of the house ( I have got a way for both cars to report when are going to be away for a few hours [i.e. when we are out of the vicinity of a quick return])

I can also catch when either of the cars is on its way back home so can set Away to False, or at least reset SetPoint to normal default for time of day.

Can you suggest the best way of doing this?

Thanks

Posted on
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:09 am
siclark offline

Re: Best way to control 'Away' behaviour

Intereseted in this, especially as there is no way to adjust setpoint for more than 2 hours, so it would have to be via schedule changes for longer than that.

Posted on
Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:19 am
autolog offline

siclark wrote:
... especially as there is no way to adjust setpoint for more than 2 hours, ...

Not sure I understand why this is the case? :?

Seems like we might need an Action to disable and enable schedules?

Posted on
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:34 am
siclark offline

In the boost action the maximum is 120 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:21 am
autolog offline

siclark wrote:
In the boost action the maximum is 120 minutes.

I modelled the TRV Controller plugin on the Drayton Tempus 7. This is a similar and updated model: Drayton LP722 (MK4) Programmer.

Obviously with hindsight, I could (and should) have made the plugin more flexible - well it is a bit more but there is scope for even more flexibility.

I am working on an upgrade (plugin Version 1.4) to allow an alternate method of scheduling i.e. just specify setpoints as opposed to on/off periods.

I will try an incorporate the request / suggestions in this thread and others into the upgrade. :)

I can tell autumn has arrived here in the UK and that winter is on the way, as the TRV Controller thread has suddenly become very active again! :)

As if to prove the point, Indigo is telling me that we have had 17.3mm of rain so far today! :shock:

Posted on
Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:34 am
siclark offline

Haha. Indeed. Heating on full and getting tweaked. Use of pibeacon to see who is at home and then setting hearing appropriately is amazing.

Looking at the rain outside, how do you know how much has fallen? Your own weather station or a plugin? I need to know that for watering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:53 pm
autolog offline

siclark wrote:
Looking at the rain outside, how do you know how much has fallen? Your own weather station or a plugin? I need to know that for watering. ...

Both - I have a Netatmo system including rain gauge and an Aercus Weathersleuth system. I connect to both using Indigo plugins. The Netatmo plugin is in the plugin store and the Weather Sleuth one is a plugin I developed for my use only as it is very specific to my setup. :)

Page 1 of 1