Question about weekday schedule

Posted on
Sun May 12, 2019 5:23 am
Umtauscher offline

Question about weekday schedule

Hi Autolog,

I just found the TRV plugin and was instantly flashed. Thank you very much for all your work hard. Great documentation as well!
So I ordered a Spirit valve to test it with. Everthing went smoothly and so I wanted more: I ordered additional valves for ervey radiator in the house.
Now here is my question: Is there any way to make a schedule that is different on every day of the week? How would I be able to implement this?
Am I missing something or is this not possible at the moment?
TIA for any input you could provide.
Cheers

Wilhelm

Posted on
Sun May 12, 2019 6:44 am
autolog offline

Re: Question about weekday schedule

Hi Wilhelm,
Glad you are finding the plugin useful. :)

You could do this by setting up a separate Action for each day: Device Actions > TRV Controls > Update Schedule

You can then use an Indigo schedule to run the Action on a specific day at a specific time. Make the schedule time 00:10 (ten minutes after midnight) or later as the plugin resets all the schedules back to device default values at five minutes after midnight.

If the plugin gets restarted the schedules are set back to device defaults.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted on
Sun May 12, 2019 7:27 am
Umtauscher offline

Thanks,

I would never have guessed that....
Cheers
Wilhelm

Posted on
Sun May 12, 2019 8:11 am
Umtauscher offline

Ok I tried that but there seems to be some sort of mixup.

I have 1 TRV Device that is linked to 1 themostat valve.
In the TRV device I have 2 default schedules:
07:00 - 09:00 22.00 °C
14:00 - 23:00 22:00 °C

In the schedule that is actived today I have only 1 schedules
07:00 - 23:00 22:00 °C

I executed the action group that should activate the schedule for today
The result is:
TRV device setpoint 22.00 °C
Thermostat setpoint 09.00 °C

The display on the therostat shows 9.0

So I suppose because my weekend shedule has less entries as the default the setting doesn' get transferred to the thermostat?
Could you try to verify?
Thanks

Posted on
Sun May 12, 2019 8:46 am
Umtauscher offline

ok, I checked it out.
It has nothing to do with the different number of schedules.
The TRV device simply doesn't refresh the setpoint in the valve.

BTW wouldn't it be much easier to simply set a new setpoint at a specific time of day instead of the schedules?

Posted on
Sun May 12, 2019 9:20 am
autolog offline

Having done the Update Schedule action, can you run a Show Schedule action and post the results here?

I agree that having a mode where you just set setpoints at a particular time would be useful.
The plugin was designed to replicate a simple timer Controller which is where the schedules come in.

I will take your comments on board and will add that to the list of things to look at (I think this has been mentioned before). :)

Posted on
Sun May 12, 2019 9:26 am
Umtauscher offline

Thanks, here you go:
Code: Select all
12.05.2019 17:24:42
   Action Group                    Heizplan Wohnzimmer Wochende
   TRV                             
================================================================================
== TRV Controller Plugin - Heating Schedule                                   ==
==                                                                            ==
== Device: 'TRV Wohnzimmer'                                                   ==
==   Schedule Type: 'Default'                                                 ==
==     Schedule 1: 07:00 - 23:00. Setpoint = 22.0                             ==
==   Schedule Type: 'Running'                                                 ==
==     Schedule 1: 08:00 - 23:00. Setpoint = 22.0 [*]                         ==
==   Schedule Type: 'Dynamic'                                                 ==
==     Schedule 1: 08:00 - 23:00. Setpoint = 22.0                             ==
==                                                                            ==
================================================================================

Z-Wave                          sent "Thermostat Wohnzimmer" change heat setpoint to 8.0°
   Z-Wave                          sent "Thermostat Wohnzimmer" change heat setpoint to 8.0°

BTW I don't know, where th 8.0 is coming from. I set the minimal Temp. to 14.0 in the plugin settings.

Posted on
Sun May 12, 2019 9:53 am
autolog offline

The 8.0 is coming from the the plugin - it is the minimum setting that is allowed for the Spirit TRV and effectively turns it off.

When you set the minimum to be 14 deg C, do you mean you set Default Device Start Setpoint.

Are you using a remote thermostat to control it or just the TRV?

Posted on
Sun May 12, 2019 10:11 am
Umtauscher offline

Yes 14:00 is the default plugin start setting.

No, I don't use a remote thermostat, just the TRV.

Posted on
Sun May 12, 2019 10:24 am
autolog offline

So final question (for the moment) is what is the TRV reading for the temperature? :)

Posted on
Sun May 12, 2019 10:27 am
Umtauscher offline

At the moment 21.93 °C for the thermostat
and 21.9 °C for the corresponding TRV.

Setpoint thermostat is 8.0 °C
and 22.0 °C for the TRV .

Posted on
Sun May 12, 2019 10:36 am
Umtauscher offline

One last observation:

I just changed the polling intervals all three to 60 Minutes, as I think the valve reports changes by itsself.
After I saved those new settings, the thermostat was reprogrammed to 22.0 setpoint.

here is the corresponding log:
12.05.2019 18:31:15
   TRV                             Stopping 'TRV Wohnzimmer'
   TRV                             'TRV Wohnzimmer' Heat Setpoint set to specified 'Device Start' value i.e. '14.0'
   TRV                             Started 'TRV Wohnzimmer': Controlling TRV 'Thermostat Wohnzimmer'; No Device Heat Source control required.
   Z-Wave                          sent "Thermostat Wohnzimmer" mode status request
   Z-Wave                          received "Thermostat Wohnzimmer" mode is heat
   Z-Wave                          sent "Thermostat Wohnzimmer" temperature status request
   Z-Wave                          received "Thermostat Wohnzimmer" temperature update to 21.93 °C
   Z-Wave                          sent "Thermostat Wohnzimmer" heat setpoint status request
   Z-Wave                          received "Thermostat Wohnzimmer" heat setpoint is 8.0 °C
   Z-Wave                          sent "Ventil Wohnzimmer" status request
   Z-Wave                          sent "Thermostat Wohnzimmer" change heat setpoint to 22.0°
   Z-Wave                          sent "Thermostat Wohnzimmer" change heat setpoint to 22.0°
   Z-Wave                          received "Fenster Ruth Temperatur" sensor update to 19.25 °C

12.05.2019 18:32:17
   Action Group                    Heizplan Wohnzimmer Wochende
   TRV                             
== TRV Controller Plugin - Heating Schedule                                   ==
== Device: 'TRV Wohnzimmer'                                                   ==
==   Schedule Type: 'Default'                                                 ==
==     Schedule 1: 07:00 - 23:00. Setpoint = 22.0                             ==
==   Schedule Type: 'Running'                                                 ==
==     Schedule 1: 08:00 - 23:00. Setpoint = 22.0 [*]                         ==
==   Schedule Type: 'Dynamic'                                                 ==
==     Schedule 1: 08:00 - 23:00. Setpoint = 22.0                             ==

Posted on
Sun May 12, 2019 10:45 am
autolog offline

OK - Keep me posted. :)

I think that is probably OK but to double check I can take a look at the log if it turns problematic. .

To do this, turn on debug logging for General and TRV Handler. then disable the plugin and then delete the plugin log. This can be found via the Indigo Event log window > Show Event Logs Folder and then in the Logs folder navigate to the folder com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.trvcontroller. The file is plugin.log.

Then re-enable the plugin and once it is up an running (give it a minute or two) run you schedule Action and Showschedules action. then PM me the contents of the log.

I will take a look and see if I can spot anything adrift.

Thanks. :)

Posted on
Sun May 12, 2019 10:51 am
Umtauscher offline

Thanks, I suppose it's some sort of initialisation problem. Since I tried various different things an was also trying the schedules and a control page perhaps it's gone now.
I have to sign off for today.
Anyways, thanks for your plugin and especially for all your help.
Cheers
Wilhelm

Posted on
Sun May 12, 2019 10:58 am
Umtauscher offline

Got it:
12.05.2019 18:52:18
   WebServer                       request to execute "iPad Heizung" control #6 from 192.168.1.15
   WebServer                       request to execute "iPad Heizung" control #6 from 192.168.1.15
   Z-Wave                          sent "Thermostat Wohnzimmer" change heat setpoint to 22.5°

As I said I made a control to increase and decrease the setpoint.
The action is "decrease TRV Setpoint by 0.5 degrees".
After I clicked four times in a row, the setpoint odf the thermostat dropped to 8.0
So it's a timing problem.

Maybe it's a good idea to just decrease a counter and update the thermostat later in the background.
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-12 um 18.54.43.JPG
Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-12 um 18.54.43.JPG (22.03 KiB) Viewed 4011 times