Question about weekday schedule

Posted on
Mon May 13, 2019 10:16 am
Umtauscher offline

Re: Question about weekday schedule

Hi autolog,

my additional thermostat valves have arrided to and I put them in their place.
During that operation I found out some more and now I have a few remarks:

1. When I set the setpoint of a TRV to a value that is below the actual temperature, the TRV-device sets the thermostat to 8.0 degrees. In that way, the thermostats cannot work autonomous any more. I find that not good. For example if one of my rooms would require a little constant heating to hold the requested temperatur, the thermostat would normally set itsself to say 20%. But since the TRV plugin sets the temperature to 8.0 °C the result would be the valve switching on and off constantly. So I suspect the battery consuption would be much higher.
I was initially under the impression the option "valve assistance" would behave like that, so I turned that off. Nevertheless the plugin behaves that way. I would like it much better, if the valves could do their job independant of indigo.

2. The units of the temperature heat setpoint are not shown correctly. Watching the indigo client I get 22.0 °C but on my web page only 22 is displayed. I suspect the plugin shows numeric instead of string there.

3. The conclusion I posted yesterday about a timing issue was false. It was simply the setpoint dropping to 8.0 because I decreased the setpoint below the actual temperature. (s. 1.)

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Wilhelm

Posted on
Tue May 14, 2019 3:29 am
autolog offline

Hi Wilhelm,

Thanks for your useful feedback. :)

Regarding 1: The plugin is designed to work this way but I can understand the point you are making. I will have a think about how I might be able to accommodate your requirement.

Regarding 2: The custom state temperature is deliberately numeric so that it can be used in compares, say in Action Groups. I will add in a temperatureUI field to display the temperature as 22.0 °C so that it can be used in a Control Page.

Regarding 3: Thanks for the update.

I am concentrating on another plugin at the moment but intend to get round to working on this plugin within the next couple of weeks. :)

Posted on
Tue May 14, 2019 3:38 am
Umtauscher offline

Hi,

thanks. One addtional observation:

The setpoit of the TRV sometimes is displayed with units. I have not found out when it's with and when without units.