TRV Beta Feedback Thread

Posted on
Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:16 am
siclark offline

Re: TRV Beta Feedback Thread

It only occurred on one of mine, and I had edited it to check on the heat source but didn't touch the schedules.

I'm also seeing some inconsistent behaviour with the Popp TRV, but as it's getting replaced with a spirit in a few days, with Christmas in-between, it's unlikely I'm going to be able to offer much more in terms of feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:26 am
autolog offline

Hi Simon,

Looks like you are in a message loop! :lol:

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Posted on
Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:27 am
richo offline

Hi Jon,

Could you pls explain how the advance action works? My understanding was that it would switch to the next schedule i.ex. from 3 to 4. I have done it but it turned the valve off and after a few minutes TRV setpoint is at 8 deg not at 23 deg as it's supposed to be or the next schedule.

Is it correct or I'm missing something.

Kind regard
Ryszard

Here are the settings:
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-12-23 at 16.28.15.png
Screenshot 2018-12-23 at 16.28.15.png (378.79 KiB) Viewed 2688 times

Ryszard

Posted on
Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:32 am
richo offline

Just have noticed that "Update schedule" action has still 3 schedules :|
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-12-23 at 17.29.51.png
Screenshot 2018-12-23 at 17.29.51.png (244.71 KiB) Viewed 2700 times

Ryszard

Posted on
Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:07 am
autolog offline

richo wrote:
Just have noticed that "Update schedule" action has still 3 schedules :|

This is fixed (I hope) in BETA 3 - will upload shortly. :)

Posted on
Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:13 am
autolog offline

richo wrote:
... Could you pls explain how the advance action works? My understanding was that it would switch to the next schedule i.ex. from 3 to 4. I have done it but it turned the valve off and after a few minutes TRV setpoint is at 8 deg not at 23 deg as it's supposed to be or the next schedule. ...

Advance, advances to the next schedule point (either the start or end).

So if you are not currently in an active ON schedule period and then select Advance, It will advance to the next schedule ON.
Effectively, turns the next schedule on early.

Likewise, if you are in an active ON schedule period, it will advance to the end and turn the schedule OFF.
Effectively, turns the current schedule off early.

Hope this explains it OK. :)

Posted on
Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:18 am
siclark offline

I got the same on my Popp this morning

Posted on
Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:24 am
autolog offline

siclark wrote:
I got the same on my Popp this morning

Got the same what? :?

Posted on
Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:27 am
richo offline

autolog wrote:
richo wrote:
... Could you pls explain how the advance action works? My understanding was that it would switch to the next schedule i.ex. from 3 to 4. I have done it but it turned the valve off and after a few minutes TRV setpoint is at 8 deg not at 23 deg as it's supposed to be or the next schedule. ...

Advance, advances to the next schedule point (either the start or end).

So if you are not currently in an active ON schedule period and then select Advance, It will advance to the next schedule ON.
Effectively, turns the next schedule on early.

Likewise, if you are in an active ON schedule period, it will advance to the end and turn the schedule OFF.
Effectively, turns the current schedule off early.

Hope this explains it OK. :)

Hmm, why wouldn't it start the next schedule if it's just after the current active one?

i.ex. I have an evening schedule for studio that starts at 5pm and it rises the temperature. If I get home early I'd like to start this schedule sooner - I thought that Advance action would allow me to do it. Ideally I'd like to start this schedule automatically on my way home :D

Ryszard

Ryszard

Posted on
Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:31 am
autolog offline

richo wrote:
... Hmm, why wouldn't it start the next schedule if it's just after the current active one?

i.ex. I have an evening schedule for studio that starts at 5pm and it rises the temperature. If I get home early I'd like to start this schedule sooner - I thought that Advance action would allow me to do it. Ideally I'd like to start this schedule automatically on my way home :D

It will (or should :wink: ).
If the schedule is currently off - when you invoke Advance, it will start the next schedule. :)

Are you saying that this isn't happening?

Posted on
Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:44 am
autolog offline

Just uploaded BETA V1.1.3 to normal location.

As per yesterday's evening post:
  • I have completed the changes to add a Variable as a Heat Source. So if any TRV associated with that variable calls for heat, the variable will be set to the value true.
    You can have different variables as heat sources ie. TRVs 1 and 2 could be associated with variable A and TRVs 3 and 4 could be associated with variable B.
    You can either select a device as a heat source or a variable or both. :)
  • I have also corrected the Update Schedule Action so that it handles the four schedule times and also added in an action to reset the schedule back to device defaults. This functionality could, for example, be used to alter the schedules at the weekend. :)

Simon (@siclark): This BETA still uses the restricted Heating Source device list but the use of a variable heat source should (I think) obviate the need for your use of a meta-relay. If it does, all well and good. If it doesn't, then don't update to this version! :)

Work is still ongoing to sort-out the Danfoss and LC-13 :)

Posted on
Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:36 pm
richo offline

autolog wrote:
richo wrote:
... Hmm, why wouldn't it start the next schedule if it's just after the current active one?

It will (or should :wink: ).
If the schedule is currently off - when you invoke Advance, it will start the next schedule. :)

Are you saying that this isn't happening?

I mean when I'm out working the current schedule would be nr 2 (Active) so I'd like to jump from 2 to 3 directly. Maybe I can do it with 2 consecutive advance actions ?

PS
No, 2 advance actions generate an error:
TRV Error StandardError detected in 'processHeatingSchedule'. Line '649' has error='min() arg is an empty sequence'

Ryszard

Posted on
Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:58 pm
autolog offline

richo wrote:
I mean when I'm out working the current schedule would be nr 2 (Active) so I'd like to jump from 2 to 3 directly. Maybe I can do it with 2 consecutive advance actions ?

Yes - that (should) work - just tested. However I think it might be better to add in an Advance to Next On action and and an Advance to Next Off action - so it could be done in one-step otherwise doing it in two steps (in your case) means the plugin will switch the TRV off and then turn it on again. I'll have a think about that. :)

richo wrote:
No, 2 advance actions generate an error:
TRV Error StandardError detected in 'processHeatingSchedule'. Line '649' has error='min() arg is an empty sequence'

What schedules have you got defined and which version of the plugin are you using, V1.1.3?

Posted on
Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:19 pm
siclark offline

Got 1.1.13 setup and seems to be working well. The schedules changed slightly and needed some editing but was a quick change.

Posted on
Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:33 pm
richo offline

Hi,
I had 4 schedules define in v 1.1.2

Ryszard