TRV Controller Discussion Thread

Posted on
Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:42 am
siclark offline

Re: TRV Controller Discussion Thread

Hi Jon, Hope you are keeping well.

I have a question on polling when we have a separate temperature sensor. Does the plugin poll temperature and TRV valve status, or only the temperature? If we are using Aqara sensors for the temperature for instance, is there any impact to battery life of the Spirit if we poll every minute? For some rooms I want it to react faster to changing temperatures but also not keen to make the Spirit batttery last even less time than it does.

Having a play with one to see impact, but good to know from you the details.

Thanks

Posted on
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:31 am
siclark offline

Ah, just seen it sends request for Humidity, Temperature and Valve. Any chance we could poll remote thermostats separately from the valve?

Posted on
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:38 am
autolog offline

siclark wrote:
Ah, just seen it sends request for Humidity, Temperature and Valve. Any chance we could poll remote thermostats separately from the valve?

It's doable but not in the immediate short-term - I will add it to the list for when I next look at the plugin. :)

Posted on
Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:23 am
siclark offline

Cheers.. less of an issue at the moment, as obviously my systems is mainly off. But a few rooms do need a little boost first thing, but with that and the sun heating the room means the temp can rise quickly, and as it can be a while before the plugin sees it the room then can overheat.