Samsung TV Plugin

Posted on
Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:49 am
kwijibo007 offline

Re: Samsung TV Plugin

Thanks Marty,

What model TV do you have? Also, which version of the iOS Samsung App works for you? v1.0 or 2.0?

Pete

Posted on
Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:44 am
MortenB offline

Is it av way to specify which HDMI it shall cange to? I found the command for HDMI but then I cannot specify if it is HDIM1, 2 or 3 that is going to be enabled.

Mac Mini with Indigo 6 - Testing Indigo 7
18 Qubino dimmers
6 Fibaro dimmers (v2)
13 Fibaro Smoke Sensors
13 HeatIt floor thermostats
Also running Node Red and OpenHab2

Posted on
Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:51 am
kwijibo007 offline

MortenB wrote:
Is it av way to specify which HDMI it shall change to? I found the command for HDMI but then I cannot specify if it is HDIM1, 2 or 3 that is going to be enabled.

Hi MortenB,

Unfortunately you can only select the first active HDMI source. If you have HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 connected, it will default to HDMI 1. If you have HDMI 2 and HDMI 3 connected (not HDMI 1), it will default to HDMI 2. There was a great deal of discussion about this in the forum where the original Perl code came from. Here: http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1792&hilit=wireshark#p15586

If there's ever a solution found I'll be sure to update the plugin.

Pete

Posted on
Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:13 am
haavarda offline

Hi,
I am working on a setup where I display my security cameras as picture in picture (pip). I see that the original scripts support these commands. Would it be possible for you to add these commands?
KEY_PIP_ONOFF

I am not sure if it will work, but it would be an elegant way to activate PIP.

Håvard

Håvard

Posted on
Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:11 pm
kwijibo007 offline

haavarda wrote:
Hi,
I am working on a setup where I display my security cameras as picture in picture (pip). I see that the original scripts support these commands. Would it be possible for you to add these commands?
KEY_PIP_ONOFF

I am not sure if it will work, but it would be an elegant way to activate PIP.
Håvard

Sorry for the delay in responding, Håvard. I'll look at adding the PIP functionality over the next week.

Pete

Posted on
Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:19 am
kwijibo007 offline

Hi Håvard,

I've added that command and all others that contain "PIP". My TV doesn't support PIP so I can't test, would you mind testing it for me? A link to a test version of the plugin is here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwo1288vsa8ir2g/Samsung%20TV.indigoPlugin.zip?dl=0.

You'll find the new commands at the bottom of the drop down list. Could you tell me which (if any) are of use and a very short description (which i'll use for the dropdown list) of what they do?

Thanks,

Pete

Posted on
Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:21 pm
haavarda offline

Hi. Thanks for the update. On my tv the pip on/off. And pip ch+, ch- functions are working. The on/off function does exactly what i want it to do.

The on/off is a toggle pip on/off command. Ch+/- changes the channel on the pip.

Håvard

Håvard

Posted on
Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:29 pm
howartp offline

Hi Pete.

Do you know if the Kodi/CEC thing needs Raspberry PI, or if it will run on any Kodi hardware (PC, Mac?)

I'm wondering about moving my MacMini into the lounge where my TV is - it is headless anyway at the moment - and run Kodi on it.

(I'm assuming Kodi runs on PC and Mac - the website is down at the moment)

Peter

Posted on
Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:06 pm
kwijibo007 offline

howartp wrote:
Hi Pete.

Do you know if the Kodi/CEC thing needs Raspberry PI, or if it will run on any Kodi hardware (PC, Mac?)

I'm wondering about moving my MacMini into the lounge where my TV is - it is headless anyway at the moment - and run Kodi on it.

(I'm assuming Kodi runs on PC and Mac - the website is down at the moment)

Peter

Hi Peter,

I have a 2012 Mini which doesn’t support CEC in its HDMI implementation. According to this, https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204388, no Mac Mini's currently support it (that article might be a bit old though...). Unfortunately it's not possible even if Kodi supported it on OS X (I'm sure Kodi would support it if Apple did). I originally wanted to use my Mini to call the CEC wake up until I realised it wasn't supported. It's a real shame.

My understanding is that any device running Kodi that supports CEC should work with Josh Jowen’s Kodi plugin. If Minis started supporting CEC I would be really keen to try and make the plugin work directly with the Mini instead of using Josh Jowen’s Kodi plugin.

I have a new 4th Gen Apple TV which supports CEC. I've been trying to think of a way to use it also... It's unlikely though, as I'm sure Apple won't let 3rd party apps anywhere near its CEC. Maybe Matt and Jay can include this magic with the imminent release of the Indigo Apple TV App?? :D At least that's what I'm asking Santa for this Christmas.

Pete

Posted on
Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:03 am
Redrocker offline

Is this plugin still being supported? I have some interest in an additional function/button press. The remote that came with my Samsung Smart TV has a Voice button that I would like to see added.

This is how I see using this function: I recently added an Amazon Echo to my HA hardware devices, and would like to use Alexa to trigger the Voice button on the Samsung TV, which in turn would allow handoff of the voice commands to the TV. The thought here is that Alexa would not need to handle the umpteen commands to control the TV.

Thank you,
Mark

~Mark
Indigo 2021.2

Posted on
Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:01 pm
kwijibo007 offline

Redrocker wrote:
Is this plugin still being supported? I have some interest in an additional function/button press. The remote that came with my Samsung Smart TV has a Voice button that I would like to see added.

This is how I see using this function: I recently added an Amazon Echo to my HA hardware devices, and would like to use Alexa to trigger the Voice button on the Samsung TV, which in turn would allow handoff of the voice commands to the TV. The thought here is that Alexa would not need to handle the umpteen commands to control the TV.

Thank you,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Aplologies for the delay, I've been traveling for the past 3 weeks and have had limited internet access. The plugin is still very much supported. I'll take a look at adding the Voice button. Hopefully Samsung have made it available to us.

Pete

Posted on
Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:16 am
Comgen offline

Thank you for contributing and developing a plug in.

Will you be developing for newer samsung TV's

Posted on
Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:55 am
kwijibo007 offline

Comgen wrote:
Thank you for contributing and developing a plug in.

Will you be developing for newer samsung TV's

Hi Comgen,

I would love to incorporate the latest generation of Samsung TVs but I don't have have one to test with at the moment. Even if I do get my hands on one It may be more difficult to incorporate as I used parts of code that others had written at the Samygo forums http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1792&hilit=wireshark#p15586. There's not been any talk of the new generations over there...

Pete

Posted on
Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:26 pm
kwijibo007 offline

Hi All,

I updated to Kodi 16 (Jarvis) over the weekend which seems to have broken Josh Jowen’s Kodi plugin. This Kodi plugin enables the turning of the TV on via CEC on a Raspberry Pi.

I'm not sure how many people use this function but I'll report back when I have some more information. If you do use this functionality to turn on your TV I would hold off on updating Kodi for now.

Thanks,

Pete

Posted on
Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:06 pm
Turribeach offline

This plugin looks interesting but it doesn't seem to work on the newer Samsung TVs. Is it me or the TV manufacturers have taken the worst possible path? Smart TVs with buggy OSes, slow Apps, clunky interfaces, no APIs for home automation, etc, etc, etc.

Any one knows of a TV I can control remotely? (without a remote control of course!). I don;t mind getting my hands dirty. I currently use the Global Cache plugin with a Global Cache IR transmitter. It works fine my all my other AV equipment but I can't get the IR transmitter placed in a place where the TV can get the IR signal. Also I really want to have a 2-way solution where status is reported.

Thanks!