Simple Serial Plugin and v2022.1?

Posted on
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:50 am
hamw offline

Simple Serial Plugin and v2022.1?

I have used Simple Serial Plugin for years to control a Vaux matrix switch for home audio. I'm now in the situation where another plugin, iTunes Local Control, needs to be upgraded to v2022.1 for compatibility. So my fear is that if I upgrade to v2022.1, I'll fix iTunes Local Control but will break Simple Serial Plugin.

Jim Yergy wrote the plugin... not sure of his status. Would anyone have any ideas if this will continue to work, or do we need to look for another solution?

Posted on
Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:19 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Simple Serial Plugin and v2022.1?

[MODERATOR NOTE]: moved to the correct forum.

We haven't heard from Jim in a long time, it's possible he's moved on. Unfortunately, the plugin was never added to GitHub and thus has no license associated with it. As for the plugin, it may work in 2022.1, but will almost assuredly not work beyond that.

It's likely that someone could help you write some scripts to do what you need - do you have any specifics about what the commands you need to send/receive messages with the matrix switch are? Maybe one of our 3rd party devs can help you cook those up.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:43 pm
hamw offline

I sent him a PM; maybe he will respond.

I went through the rest of the plug-ins and I guess upgrading is not in the cards for me. RFXCOM , Autelis, Onkyo, Phidgets and other plug-ins I use are also not compatible…

Posted on
Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:50 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Post your list of desired upgrades on this forum.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1