Monoprice 6 Zone Amp Plugin

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:49 pm
kwijibo007 offline

Monoprice 6 Zone Amp Plugin

Hi All,

I've written an Indigo 7 plugin to control Monoprice 6 Zone Amps (https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=10761).

Supported actions below:

Turn On
    Turn Off
    Set Volume (directly sets the volume level)
    Increase Volume (increases volume by 1)
    Decrease Volume (decreases volume by 1)
    Set Balance (directly sets the balance level)
    Increase Balance (increases balance by 1)
    Decrease Balance (decreases balance by 1)
    Set Bass (directly sets the bass level)
    Increase Bass (increases bass by 1)
    Decrease Bass (decreases bass by 1)
    Set Treble (directly sets the treble level)
    Increase Treble (increases treble by 1)
    Decrease Treble (decreases treble by 1)
    Mute On
    Mute Off
    Set Source (directly sets the source)
    Toggle Source Fwd (moves to the next configured source)
    Toggle Source Rev (moves to the last configured source)

When I started writing the plugin I didn't realise that RogueProeliator's Dayton Audio plugin also supported the Monoprice units. :oops: RogueProeliator's plugin supports daisy chaining which this one doesn't. There are a couple of other differences so it may prove useful to some people...

Full instructions and the plugin download can be found here https://aushomeautomator.wordpress.com/monoprice-6-zone-amp-indigo-plugin/.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Pete

Posted on
Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:52 pm
alphaboy offline

Re: Monoprice 6 Zone Amp Plugin

Great plug-in, tried it running off an Xserve (with built in Serial port) and worked perfectly... I do have 2x 6 zones with the master / slave cable so would love to adapt the plug-in to support 12 zones.

Also would love to know what would be involved in order to make this plug-in work on indigo version 6?

Thanks again and great work!

Posted on
Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:33 pm
FlyingDiver offline

RogueProeliator's Dayton Audio plugin supports master/slave units and works on Indigo 6. Just FYI.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:43 pm
kwijibo007 offline

Thanks for the feedback, alphaboy :D

FlyingDiver wrote:
RogueProeliator's Dayton Audio plugin supports master/slave units and works on Indigo 6. Just FYI.

I'd like to add the master/slave capability at some stage. It's on my to-do list but as I only have one unit it's difficult to test. As FlyingDiver suggested though, RougueProeliator's plugin has both those capabilities.

Happy to try and accommodate any other feature requests if you have any..

Pete

Posted on
Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:33 pm
haychess offline

Hi.

Ever since updating Indigo to 7.5, I am having issues with the Monoprice plugin. It keeps giving me this error over and over in the log:

Monoprice 6 Zone Amp Error More than 6 zones have been returned - Should not be possible??

I can't control the plugin any longer.

Do you know what's up with it?

Posted on
Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:08 am
kwijibo007 offline

I've updated the plugin (version 2.0.0) to support Python 3.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Pete

Posted on
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:22 pm
stewkenly offline

I started seeing the same error, more than 6 zones.
Code: Select all
   Enabling plugin "Monoprice 6 Zone Amp 2.0.0" using API v3.0
   Starting plugin "Monoprice 6 Zone Amp 2.0.0" (pid 9974)
   Started plugin "Monoprice 6 Zone Amp 2.0.0"
   Monoprice 6 Zone Amp Error      More than 6 zones have been returned - Should not be possible??
   Monoprice 6 Zone Amp Error      More than 6 zones have been returned - Should not be possible??
   Disabling plugin "Monoprice 6 Zone Amp 2.0.0"
   Stopping plugin "Monoprice 6 Zone Amp 2.0.0" (pid 9974)
   Monoprice 6 Zone Amp Error      An error occurred adding a polling command to the queue
   Stopped plugin "Monoprice 6 Zone Amp 2.0.0"

What was the solution for this?

Thanks

Posted on
Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:34 pm
stewkenly offline

Interesting update! On a hunch, I replaced the USB to RS232 cable and it started working again

IF you are open to a suggestion, I think it might be helpful to report the error more than 6 channels detected as a communications fault.

Thanks for helping!

Page 1 of 1