DoorBird competitor

Posted on
Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:28 pm
kwijibo007 offline

Re: DoorBird competitor

It's certainly far cheaper. The site is a bit confusing. Does it support door strikes / key fob, etc?

Posted on
Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:40 am
durosity offline

For what it’s worth Dbell have told me that they’re bringing out a new model in the summer that’ll support “ONVIF upgraded version, Ethernet with PoE, Full duplex audio, Dropbox, OneDrive, iCloud upload and lots more” so that may be a good option too. Of course they didn’t say which summer.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:55 am
DaveL17 offline

Cloud reliance is a non starter for me. If a device supports cloud features, that's fine--I may or may not use those features. But if a device requires the cloud to function, I'm moving on.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:58 pm
Korey offline

DaveL17 wrote:
Cloud reliance is a non starter for me. If a device supports cloud features, that's fine--I may or may not use those features. But if a device requires the cloud to function, I'm moving on.

+1
Attachments
iu.png
iu.png (24.58 KiB) Viewed 3018 times
iu.jpeg
iu.jpeg (64.82 KiB) Viewed 3018 times

--
Korey

Posted on
Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:11 pm
RogueProeliator offline

For what it’s worth Dbell have told me that they’re bringing out a new model in the summer that’ll support “ONVIF upgraded version, Ethernet with PoE, Full duplex audio, Dropbox, OneDrive, iCloud upload and lots more” so that may be a good option too. Of course they didn’t say which summer.....

Hmm, their site lists the DBELL HD LIVE as being ONVIF compatible... though it is only 720p, the FOV is good and it runs off wireless or ethernet which is a plus. May have to check that out...

Posted on
Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:59 am
durosity offline

RogueProeliator wrote:

Hmm, their site lists the DBELL HD LIVE as being ONVIF compatible... though it is only 720p, the FOV is good and it runs off wireless or ethernet which is a plus. May have to check that out...

I’d avoid it for now. I have one that I picked up cheap but there’s lots of issues.. for one thing I can’t actually connect to it remotely.. they claim it’s because of some kind of IPv6 issue but my cell provider has confirmed that’s not enabled on my connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1