D2101KV Installed

Posted on
Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:31 am
berkinet offline

D2101KV Installed

I have received and installed my D2101KV and have it working with the plugin. No issues so far. Of course, since the API doesn't support the keypad or RFID reader, there is not much new to see.

As for the D2101KV, I do have some comments.
  • 4D Motion. Phooey. I preferred the old 3D with masking. Without masking, I am back to getting frequent motion events.
  • When unlocking the "door" from the app, it requires you to select which relay to operate... even if you only give the user permission for one relay, in which case there is only one choice to select from. Clearly a bug.
  • I purchased the protective hood. They don't tell you this, but the hood causes the 4 corners of the picture to be slightly cut-off. It is not a big problem. But, they should at least document it on the sales page.
  • The RFID reader was whacky. After I first hooked up the unit, RFID would not work until 24 hours later. Then, when I installed it in the permanent location, after being disconnected overnight, the same thing happened. Odd, and not confidence inspiring.
  • If you use this unit on a gate, there is a serious limitation. It works great for entry. But, there is no provision to let people exit. So, you still have to provide a keypad, or at least a switch, inside the gate. They should have a keypad/RFID reader slave unit... I.e. no camera required, that would work off the same keypad codes and RFID tags as the main unit.
  • Sound and video seem somewhat improved, with reduced echo delay on the audio.

Posted on
Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:35 am
kwijibo007 offline

Re: D2101KV Installed

Thanks for confirming that this device works. It looks HUGE on the website. :shock:

berkinet wrote:
The RFID reader was whacky. After I first hooked up the unit, RFID would not work until 24 hours later. Then, when I installed it in the permanent location, after being disconnected overnight, the same thing happened. Odd, and not confidence inspiring

I have the D2101V, the RFID feature has been working solidly. There's a slight 2 second delay for the relay to activate but otherwise it's great.

Pete

Posted on
Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:40 am
berkinet offline

kwijibo007 wrote:
Thanks for confirming that this device works. It looks HUGE on the website. :shock:

You mean the price or the capabilities :wink: ?

Posted on
Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:42 am
kwijibo007 offline

berkinet wrote:
You mean the price or the capabilities ?

Ha! Price, capabilities and size!

Page 1 of 1