first plugin use- status, but no updates

Posted on
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:15 pm
EricMcM offline

first plugin use- status, but no updates

My doorbird was finally updated enough (v120 now) where the old API stopped working. So, I am trying the plugin (many thanks Pete for putting this together!).

I have the devices setup, and the doorbird device shows the model and firmware info. Its state is always off though, and it is not updating. The same is true for the motion and doorbell devices. With debug logging on, I can see the call when I do a status update, but don't see any other messages. I have checked that the broadcast traffic on 35344 and 6524 is getting to the computer that indigo is running on.

Without digging into the code, I'm not sure what else to look at. Is this working for folks on v120 firmware? Any suggestions on what else I could look at?

Thanks!

Eric

Posted on
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:24 pm
kwijibo007 offline

Re: first plugin use- status, but no updates

Hi Eric,

I wonder if it’s an issue decrypting the messages from the Doorbird? Perhaps double check the credentials and make sure the user id has full permissions.

I’m running v120 without issue.

It’s odd that you’re getting firmware details in the plugin but nothing else. I’m away for the weekend so am not near my pc. When I’m home I’ll confirm if the firmware details are encrypted along with everything else.

Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:01 pm
EricMcM offline

Hi Pete,

Yep, that user has all the boxes ticked.

Thanks!

Eric

Posted on
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:32 pm
EricMcM offline

this was a networking issue on my end. I had a missing interface, which didn't keep the broadcasts from showing up when I looked with pcap, but did keep the packets from getting to the plugin's sockets. The queries that were retrieving the firmware info were working since they were routed.

At any rate, it is working now. Thanks for taking a look!

Page 1 of 1